• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're missing Duminy's bowling in a way, a solid spinner who could keep the runs down, they're left with 3 erratic leg-spinners, apart from Smith, who clearly doesn't want to bowl.

Briony

International Debutant
Kallis can also bowl holding spells. In reality they have been on the back foot a bit since Duminy's freak injury.

ajdude

International Coach
exactly, he's the type that would want to play until he's in his 40s

i guess being picked so late would do that, you'd want to make the most of it. gotta wonder what would've happened if he didn't ton up at the oval in 09 though

howardj

International Coach
No complaints from him about the amount of cricket

If you tried to rest/rotate him out of the team, he'd be fuming

ajdude

International Coach
guessing bernie vince will be one, wait will Adelaide let him?

taking a stab at brodie smith for the other...tex walker would be ideal though, mates with pattinson too I believe

Briony

International Debutant
exactly, he's the type that would want to play until he's in his 40s

i guess being picked so late would do that, you'd want to make the most of it. gotta wonder what would've happened if he didn't ton up at the oval in 09 though
Interesting that du Plessis as a late bloomer looked reasonably composed too while the older Cowan has a good temperament. The only experiment with a seasoned campaigner that hasn't worked in recent times is Quiney. Sadly for him it will be curtains.

howardj

International Coach
Interesting that du Plessis as a late bloomer looked reasonably composed too while the older Cowan has a good temperament. The only experiment with a seasoned campaigner that hasn't worked in recent times is Quiney. Sadly for him it will be curtains.
Rogers
McGain
McKay
North

ajdude

International Coach
yep, trying to think of others...successes include trott, ryan harris, does mark gillespie count? nah I'd say he doesn't

failures...Badrinath didn't set the world on fire, tbh I can't really think of any more

^ what howard said

Last edited: