• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
Damn it only shows him running off a little on the CATV highlights before it cuts off...not sure I want to see the rest of it though cause that alone already made me very angry.

howardj

International Coach
Ah, the ebb and flow, the thrust and parry, of an Adelaide Test match

Cricket can be a tempestuous, unpredictable mistress

Ruckus

International Captain
What do people think of where Ponting is headed? He is really starting to look as bad as he did during the worst part of his slump in the 2010 Ashes series...it's just the same cycle all over again. If he can't make runs in Perth, then that pretty much would be the final straw for me. Would definitely consider bringing back Hughes and Khawaja.

howardj

International Coach
What do people think of where Ponting is headed? He is really starting to look as bad as he did during the worst part of his slump in the 2010 Ashes series...it's just the same cycle all over again. If he can't make runs in Perth, then that pretty much would be the final straw for me. Would definitely consider bringing back Hughes and Khawaja.
If this was the Poms - clinging onto a 38 year old who is clearly passed it, and as though the world would cave in if he was dropped - we would laugh at them

The whole thing is just sad; the saddest part being the selection panel that clearly doesn't have the strength to pull the pin

Justo

U19 Debutant
I reckon Pontings time has come. With the exception of India he has done little for quite a while. If I were the selectors and wanted to give him the chance of bowing out gracefully I'd tell him to announce that he'll retire after the Hobart test otherwise he's getting dropped regardless.

This would give 2 Home Tests against Sri Lanka to bring someone on board(not Quiney).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If this was the Poms - clinging onto a 38 year old who is clearly passed it, and as though the world would cave in if he was dropped - we would laugh at them

The whole thing is just sad; the saddest part being the selection panel that clearly doesn't have the strength to pull the pin
Again, you're picking Quiney. I'd worry about that first.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant

Thing is though for all the promise of the new Aussie batsmen they're not showing up to much themselves.

Although the fact that they all seem to have to debut at 3 can't be helping.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But the point is if Quiney is the next bet bat off the rank (as the selectors have decided here) then there are issues with Ponting's replacement.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Granted, but if Quiney is being seen as a superior option to Khawaja/Hughes right now, it doesn't bode well, does it? To be fair I don't see any of the three making runs in England next summer.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, no surprise really.
Nah, day one in particular, when you commented, was the roadiest road you'll ever see in Australia. therefore you tasted.

Now, you can either acknowledge that, or you can just say there was enough in it for bowlers, in this case:

Explain Siddle's very mediocre performance.

Either way you've painted yourself into a corner of taste.