• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Look, he'll make me taste it eventually I'm sure, but I've said it a number of times before - AB is very very overrated. Especially so on this forum.
I think he's a very good player, but in my head I bunch him and another lot of players together as more "Athletes" than pure "cricketers", in this weird sort of spectrum.

It doesn't mean anything at all and it's very arbitrary, but other "athletes" include Mitchell Johnson, Faf, Shane Watson, Andrew Symonds, Angelo Mathews, Andrew Flintoff etc etc.

On the other scale of things are the pure cricketers - one couldn't imagine them playing any other sport. Players like Chris Martin, Gambhir, Laxman etc etc

Again, i'm not sure whether it's applicable to anything at all, except to say that the "Athletic" type are often rated much higher than their actual records suggest they should be. OTOH, they often tend to be good all round cricketers and contribute a lot more than stats alone reveal.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hilfenhaus was pretty lucky to get that wicket.

He's bowling too short with his gentle outswingers. He's not going to get many top order batsmen if he keeps bowling at that length in this series.