• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Andre

International Regular
Frankly more than ever, the idea of Wade as a batsman is worth considering (As is Andre's slight critique of his batting)
Yeah I should expand on this.

He's a talented bat, don't get me wrong. But he hasn't learnt how to get off strike just yet - it's a bit all or nothing with him. He's quite easily tied down - we've seen this in all forms of the game, he digs himself into a hole a bit. Has some pretty clear issues against spin (which Australians outside Clarke and Ponting don't, to be fair) but that is as equally exposed in his glovework as much as his batting.

Strikes me a bit as the kid who was always the best batsman and fielder as a youngster so ended up keeper by default cause he had the best eyes and hands. But he doesn't look like a natural keeper to me.

To his credit was tidy in Brisbane. Will be watching this one unfold over the summer with a bit of interest.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'd be happy if they chopped and changed between haddin and wade because like spikey said they are pretty similar. But Haddin will be dead by the end of the ashes, so it's wade or some up and comer, and nobody else is banging the door down, so lets just lock in one fella for a while.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wade's def. not a natural keeper. Tas asked him to give up the gloves didn't they? anyway I'd interested to learn his history because it seems like he could have easily progressed as a junior just on his batting. seems odd he had keeping thrown on top of it

howardj

International Coach
Should be a thrilling denouement to this Test, I reckon.

I do love how the Adelaide Test seems to swing one way and then the other in recent years

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey benchy, not sure if you were listening to ABC Radio yesterday, but Kerry was saying how Tahir needs a hug, was pretty funny. Also their was this dude who decided to publish a book on Australian teams using each letter of the alphabet, I'm gonna sue his ass.

Siddle is going to get Smith played on soon, I can feel it.