• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

uvelocity

International Coach
Didn't get too see much of the play but cant understand the use of the bowling. Given up on the win and keeping em fresh for perth already?

uvelocity

International Coach
how many genuine chances did we have off lyon? saw the missed stumping.... even without pitch assistance would expect siddle and patto to nip out a couple. When Rudolph came out surely that was the time for sids and patto. And I mean I saw him coming on for his 5th over and the score was over 100 with the field spread.

Lyon did a good job, kept it tight and we obviously rotated around him, just seems to me we under utilised our best assets. What about hilf, still no good?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I thought all the bowlers were pretty good, the batsmen were just very determined and the pitch is very flat.

Lyon was excellent. I can see him taking a 5 for in the 4th innings.

Warner is a nice option to have.

Ruckus

International Captain
I didn't see a lot of it, but geez Hilf looked terrible from what I saw. Even worse than last match. With the bowling dpeth we have atm, it's probably very close to the stage where we should move on from him as a first choice bowler given his track record.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i only saw his first over and his arm looked alright then. did it fall to pieces (not literally. but if it did literally fall to pieces that'd be something) or did it just make little difference

Ruckus

International Captain
I dunno technically how he was going, but from what saw it was just poor bowling...too wide, short etc.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
because it deviated slightly off the seam.

Check the ball tracking that the commentators showed after the delivery. Maybe a small hint of outswing but it wasn't late, it was almost from the hand. At that length it should've been driven through the covers for 4.
:laugh:

Andre

International Regular
Got some issues behind the stumps I think. Wade's glovework needs huge work (easy to say after today, but it's something that has been raised a fair bit). Plus, he gets very bogged down with the bat.

Spikey

Good thing Rad Haddin is in stunning form!

Wade was pretty terrible today but I mean we all expected this, and really it's not like Haddin is King **** himself when keeping to spinners. they're pretty much the same guy ffs. rhe chances of Haddin actually being able to win back his spot for the ashes have risen after today though, obv

Spikey

Frankly more than ever, the idea of Wade as a batsman is worth considering (As is Andre's slight critique of his batting)

Spikey

God it'd be great if we spend the summer saying Wade should be dropped for Haddin. Then once and for all we'd know Australian cricket is going around in a really **** circle. The idea gives me tingles.