• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

ajdude

International Coach
I didn't hear them say anything about Wade not having a test stumping (may have been out the room) but they have said that Smith has never been stumped in a test match before.
Nah it was a while ago, when Lyon got Smith's leading edge to gully Tubby mentioned it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love Bill Lawry. Strikes me that after nearly 40 years commentating he's never lost his enthusiasm for the game. It's like he's calling his Gorst ever match every day.

Also a staunch Labor man. Love his Greigy put downs.

benchmark00

Love Bill Lawry. Strikes me that after nearly 40 years commentating he's never lost his enthusiasm for the game. It's like he's calling his Gorst ever match every day.

Also a staunch Labor man. Love his Greigy put downs.
Nah think you're making that up itbt. Was born into a Labor family, doesn't mean he is a Labor supporter himself.

Mark Taylor, now there's a great man.

Burgey

Nah think you're making that up itbt. Was born into a Labor family, doesn't mean he is a Labor supporter himself.

Mark Taylor, now there's a great man.
Nah **** that. Tubby is a class traitor.

Bill was involved in the Victorian ALP apparently. But irrespective, when they showed one of those "Sydney postcards" a few years back onthe coverage and it was some scenes of Bondi, Greigy said "I live two minutes from there Bill. Magnificent", Lawry's reply of "Why don't you get out in the western suburbs with the real people Tony Greig?" was one for the ages.

ajdude

International Coach
gonna be a news update at 3:50 apparently, something to do with bert newton

and no i don't think the petersen's are related

considering one is petersen and the other is peterson it's extremely doubtful

wait are you talking about alviro and robin? i left the room before

Last edited:

Burgey

Hang on? Bert Newton?

Say it so... :(

I mean, if he has died and Nine gets and exclusive, well you'd have to say that's a real company man to the last.

Last edited:

Burgey

quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow apparently
Thanks. I immediately thought of the size of the operating table needed to carry out that op if Siddle ever needed one.

Certainly a procedure Wade is unlikely to ever require.

ajdude

International Coach
Thanks. I immediately thought of the size of the operating table needed to carry out that op if Siddle ever needed one.

Certainly a procedure Wade is unlikely to ever require.
imagine the veins they'd need to harvest for it

Burgey

Jesus Christ, flat tracks everywhere. WTF cricket?
Yep, there's bugger all in this one, aside from a little bit of turn for Lyon. Clarke should
Make Hilf bowl around the wicket all day just so there's some rough for Lyon day 5. It's not like the big bloke is going to take wickets anyway.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
They're batting very well though.

I'm liking Lyon. If he can add a delivery that has a slightly rounder arm action he'll get the odd bit of drift which might put a bit more doubt into the batsman's mind.