• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis-Ponting bowled gif
I could watch this for hours. I'm no Ponting hater - I'd probably enjoy it equally no matter who the batsman (NZers aside) was. It's just so spectacular.
still looking for this mysterious swing.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well open your eyes. The angle that ball is released with should be sending the ball towards middle/leg. It takes off stump.
because it deviated slightly off the seam.

Check the ball tracking that the commentators showed after the delivery. Maybe a small hint of outswing but it wasn't late, it was almost from the hand. At that length it should've been driven through the covers for 4.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm not a great batsman, but I know that trying to drive a full ball angled in on middle through the covers is a bad idea. There's a reason straight deliveries which move away get a ****load of wickets, you know.