• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
dude the ball's new.

once it gets slightly older, the conditions will again be very friendly for batting..
Yeah I know. New ball equals assistance for the bowlers. 20 to 30 good overs with the new ball and then the fielding team had 30 or so overs where their target should have been say 1/70 not 1/170 and if the scoring was low, who knows the batsman could have gifted a further wicket or two.

Then repeat. Its a new ball wicket where the pitch offers assistance to the bowlers but that assistance becomes less so when a ball becomes old and smashed into a construction site a couple of times.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I know. New ball equals assistance for the bowlers. 20 to 30 good overs with the new ball and then the fielding team had 30 or so overs where their target should have been say 1/70 not 1/170 and if the scoring was low, who knows the batsman could have gifted a further wicket or two.

Then repeat. Its a new ball wicket where the pitch offers assistance to the bowlers but that assistance becomes less so when a ball becomes old and smashed into a construction site a couple of times.
Weren't Australia 50 odd for 3? I haven't actually watched any of this match, but it sounds like SA did use the new ball at first, then Kallis got crocked, their seamers started spraying it, the pitch flattened out and Tahir bowled pies.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Weren't Australia 50 odd for 3? I haven't actually watched any of this match, but it sounds like SA did use the new ball at first, the Kallis got crocked, their seamers started spraying it, the pitch flattened out and Tahir bowled pies.
Yes they did use the new ball and gained assistance from the pitch. That's my point.