• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Briony

International Debutant
Not sure I buy this talk that the wicket is Wanderers 438 like considering the Aussie dismissals were pretty noteworthy i.e. the ball did something and even my man Kleinveldt for a few balls had Clarke on ice. Think South Africa will lose by an innings and a few runs. To further humiliate Tahir, Lyon will probably take a wicket and have an economy rate under 6 runs an over.

South Africa has no real viable fast or spin bowling options outside this squad. By contrast Aus have a plethora of fast bowlers domestically who are arguably better than their incumbent test bowlers (Patto aside). You take a look at who is taking wickets domestically in South Africa and its guys like Johann van der Wath and Justin Kemp.
There was de Lange, but he was injured. They seem to have batsmen who look promising. While batting is not their problem you also wonder if they should look at revitalising their squad with a guy like Rudolph in question. Sometimes when teams reach #1 they fail to keep evolving.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
c9 doing a bit about clarke's foot work. first shot up, a pull shot in which he barely moved his feet

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fancy our three most experienced batsman all getting out clean bowled on an absolute 'road'. All due to good bowling and some assistance from the pitch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmmm, Saffers have a new pill. Could end this quickly if they're good enough and with so much time in the game...... who knows??????????????

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Morkel gets it on target for a couple of overs and takes a wicket. Funny that.
Which is way I think South Africa have no chance preventing a defeat here. They strung two-three good probing overs together and got a wicket and in between that there was some decent bounce and carry. Unless the Aus quicks bowl all over the shop like Morne and Rory, then they should do better.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Fancy our three most experienced batsman all getting out clean bowled on an absolute 'road'. All due to good bowling and some assistance from the pitch.
dude the ball's new.

once it gets slightly older, the conditions will again be very friendly for batting..

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
sucks how clarke looked like he was totally new to the pitch today even though he had batted all day on it yesterday. i guess he prob lacked a bit of motivation.