• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How hot is Ricki-Lee btw? Just watching a film clip now. Smokin'.
Yeah she's epic.

Can confirm the roadiness of the Adelaide strip didnt rate a mention at the Tangy/ Zaremba/ Burgey lunch this arvo.

Neither did any of you ****s.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's not getting 400, not with the partners he has left and a fresh Rory Kleinveldt waiting to rip into them.
If Australia is to make 650 Clarke will have to make 400 because Wade will make 20 off 130 balls.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I buy this talk that the wicket is Wanderers 438 like considering the Aussie dismissals were pretty noteworthy i.e. the ball did something and even my man Kleinveldt for a few balls had Clarke on ice. Think South Africa will lose by an innings and a few runs. To further humiliate Tahir, Lyon will probably take a wicket and have an economy rate under 6 runs an over.

South Africa has no real viable fast or spin bowling options outside this squad. By contrast Aus have a plethora of fast bowlers domestically who are arguably better than their incumbent test bowlers (Patto aside). You take a look at who is taking wickets domestically in South Africa and its guys like Johann van der Wath and Justin Kemp.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm beginning to wonder about Steyn. It doesn't appear as if he can really sustain the pace of his youth for long spells anymore. Without that speed, I'm not sure whether he's accurate enough to continue averaging low 20's in the long run.
Personally I think the SA management are scared that Steyn is going to break down if he gives 100% every ball, so they may have had a word with him to ease back. In saying that, I think I've heard Steyn talk about deliberately bowling 135 so he has control over swing. Wasn't his famous spell to Tendulkar in the low 130s?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It can’t be their cricket games as it was hard to get the ball off the square.
Set to two star difficulty? 100 (18) was a pretty common occurrence. Unless your mate decided to be a **** and started bowling 80kph half trackers with a medium pacer or 150kph Brett Lee outswingers pitching outside leg stump and hitting off from around the wicket, then you'd end up 0-10 most times

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Set to two star difficulty? 100 (18) was a pretty common occurrence. Unless your mate decided to be a **** and started bowling 80kph half trackers with a medium pacer or 150kph Brett Lee outswingers pitching outside leg stump and hitting off from around the wicket, then you'd end up 0-10 most times
Original BCL was where it was at - epic game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Original BCL was where it was at - epic game.
Brian Lara Cricket '96 still holds up pretty well from a batting perspective. Still enjoy the odd game a week on my Galaxy Note. Hitting sixes even on village is tough. Chinese torture however is more enjoyable than its bowling system. The batsman just don't give it away and you have to cheat to take wickets.

Lara '99 is still the greatest. Still holds up extremely well even with the touch controls on an Android device.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Only real prolonged experience with their game(s) is the one with Stewart (circa 99) and then Flintoff (circa 05) on the cover. Remember after adding a more batting realistic mod to Flintoff version of the game that it took me close to 4 hours, 300+ balls to hit a hundred with Michael Hussey in a test match. Felt awesome but I had to leave every ball outside off-stump or I would edge them and anything on my pads had to get the full face of the bat as I would be trapped LBW. By contrast in Lara 05, you could hit a hundred in less than 4 overs on any difficulty mode and it was only playable i.e. enjoyable if you were facing Shoaib and took off the bowling cursor, so you had no idea where the ball was going to be pitched and you had zero reaction time as he was bowling 160kph.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Brian Lara Cricket '96 still holds up pretty well from a batting perspective. Still enjoy the odd game a week on my Galaxy Note. Hitting sixes even on village is tough. Chinese torture however is more enjoyable than its bowling system. The batsman just don't give it away and you have to cheat to take wickets.

Lara '99 is still the greatest. Still holds up extremely well even with the touch controls on an Android device.
How did you get Lara '99 on a tablet? I loved that game as a kid.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
edit wrong thread.

SA have only themselves to blame. Flat wicket but they bowled very poorly.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How did you get Lara '99 on a tablet? I loved that game as a kid.
I can’t tell you on here how to get the Brian Lara ISO but Google is your friend and I believe you can download a PS1 emulator from Google’s Play Store. I use FPse. Probably best your Android device is rooted and you have Lucky Patcher. Bit of a tiresome process to setup but it ****s over playing Angry Birds and all those terrible Gameloft games.