• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Flat Road
Bouncy Road
Turning Road
Slow Road
Dry Fast Turner
Slow Turner
Bouncy Seamer
Seamer
Uneven

There is probably more but I can't think of any more right now.

This pitch on Day 1 was a Flat Road. It may turn into a slow road or uneven later and there might be result, but Day 1 was Flat Road.
Haha, see if I was using your scale I would say its a road too. That's the difference, if there isn't anything between road and turner or seamer its just too easy to just label a pitch as a road.

Anyway, how bout that Clarke.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, see if I was using your scale I would say its a road too. That's the difference, if there isn't anything between road and turner or seamer its just too easy to just label a pitch as a road.

Doesn't really matter what you define as a road - the main thing is you're saying there's assistance for the bowlers and the majority of us are saying there isn't :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Well I did list a bouncy road, slow road or turning road; for road that have a bit of movement. You could also have road with a bit seam movement (seamy road). There are other options then just road, seamer or turner. This pitch offer no side ways movement for quicks or spinners.

Last edited:

Spikey

you know, i was thinking the hobart test was around Jan. it's not. clarkeh still won't reach 1788 or whatever, but he could knock over ponting's australian mark (1550 or something)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I did list a bouncy road, slow road or turning road; for road that have a bit of movement. You could also have road with a bit seam movement (seamy road). There are other options then just road, seamer or turner. This pitch offer no side ways movement for quicks or spinners.
I could have sworn I saw Tahir spin a few, but maybe I just inadvertantly took a step to the right/left every time the ball hit the pitch. The one that got Ponting was dead straight too.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I could have sworn I saw Tahir spin a few, but maybe I just inadvertantly took a step to the right/left every time the ball hit the pitch. The one that got Ponting was dead straight too.
There is a difference between nature turn and swing, and assistance from a pitch to get additional movement.

Son Of Coco

1. Road
2. Rode Road
3. Cement Freeway
4. Bitumen Road
5. Semi-asphalt
6. A neatly swept entrance road to a stately Scottish mansion
7. Dowhill slippery slide in the backyard.
8. A rubber mat on one of those escalators they have at Japanese golf courses.
9. Cobblestones on the Royal Mile.
10. The road back from having a side 5/482.

Son Of Coco

The good news is that with Hussey's wicket right at the end of the day South Africa have now taken 10 wickets for 1047.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man is Clarke on fire or what??? Captaincy seems to have rejuvenated him as a batsman to a different level.. He got runs in Sri Lanka as well right?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If someone like Sehwag played this type of innings in India everyone would be at him with the ftb tag lol.

But yeah Clarke has been absolutely incredible, even if he's playing at home it's still a massive achievement, especially for a player who bats at 5 to make big knocks so consistently is awesome. I think Clarke can actually break Lara's record just looking at how quickly Australia scored if he wants to.

Daemon

He's not getting 400, not with the partners he has left and a fresh Rory Kleinveldt waiting to rip into them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
LOL at the immense outrage at the pitch by the world. If you get a pie chucker to bowl round the wicket long hops and full tosses the runs are going to pile up everywhere.

The pitch is flat, but South Africa bowled pus and Australia bowled well. I never thought i'd say it, but my God SA could've done with Paul Harris today. Tahir is a disgrace to test cricket.

Satyanash89

Banned
SA were kinda unlucky with injuries at key moments, but Tahir was an absolute disgrace. Clarke was just in the zone, and took full advantage of a good pitch and bad bowling.