• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Kleinveldt bowled that bad, he just had no support from the pitch, as was a road.

Tahir was a joke though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone going to let me know how many different pitch categories they have or not..
If I was to do a scale it would be like this:

1. Complete lifeless highway
2. Roady McRoad.
3. Road but a bit in it.
8. Quite Spicey
9. Green top/Bunsen
10. Absolute goat track, going round corners/variable bounce etc.

cbf putting in the middle numbers but you get it.

I'd have this at about 2.

2.4 tops.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is anyone going to let me know how many different pitch categories they have or not..
I think I've only seen a few of pitches that looked easier for batting than this, and they were all at Antigua. Unless you definition of "road" is limited to pitches at the Antigua Recreation Ground then it doesn't matter how many different categories you have, this looks like a complete and utter road. If it turns later I'll temper my thoughts a bit but I think the extra grass will make it hold together even longer than normal. It's a road buddy. No left turn ftr.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patent pending on that scale btw.

Would like it to become the official scale which we measure pitches on from now on.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Flat Road
Bouncy Road
Turning Road
Slow Road
Dry Fast Turner
Slow Turner
Bouncy Seamer
Seamer
Uneven

There is probably more but I can't think of any more right now.

This pitch on Day 1 was a Flat Road. It may turn into a slow road or uneven later and there might be result, but Day 1 was Flat Road.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
See for me if there is a bit in it, its not a road so I wouldn't patent your scale exactly (although 1,2,8,9,10 are all good).

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If I was to do a scale it would be like this:

2. Roady McRoad.
3. Road but a bit in it.
8. Quite Spicey
9. Green top/Bunsen
10. Absolute goat track, going round corners/variable bounce etc.

cbf putting in the middle numbers but you get it.

I'd have this at about 2.

2.4 tops.
In most CW discussions though:

2. Absolute goat track, going round corners/variable bounce etc.