• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I completely stand by my call that today's pitch was not a road. There were many reasons why Australia produced such an amazing scoring rate over the course of the day.

South Africa's tale of woe
- Philander out for Kleinveldt, obviously a worse bowler came in and the balance and rotation of the attack changed.
- Kallis who was on fire getting injured
- Steyn and Morkel tried too hard - they knew they were the only serious wicket taking options.
- Steyn's injury and Smith's reluctance to bowl him more often through lunch and tea.
- Short boundaries and fast outfield helped the scoring rate, but its not anything to do with the pitch.
- Tahir's inability to last an over (and I'm being kind going out to an over) without bowling a complete half tracker.
- No one apart from Kallis who bowled just the 3.3 overs bowled well.
- South Africa didn't pitch it up enough, all 5 wickets were from full balls.
Here's some music
- Australia's three most attacking batsman hit centuries - If Cowan made a ton, it would have been a different sort of day.
- Clarke is obviously just in sensational form and his ability to find the gaps was brilliant.

I'm not going to suggest that the pitch wasn't a good pitch to bat on, but it wasn't a road, we just witnessed a terrific batting display on quite a small field by attack minded batsman against a weakened bowling unit short on confidence.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember when people were criticising SA for not playing Tahir in Brisbane.

Smitteh must be sitting back saying "yeah ****s, this is why we didn't play him. I have to face this filth in the nets every day. Taste it."

Spark

Global Moderator
I remember when people were criticising SA for not playing Tahir in Brisbane.

Smitteh must be sitting back saying "yeah ****s, this is why we didn't play him. I have to face this filth in the nets every day. Taste it."
Haha, there was a bit on Grandstand in the morning just before Tahir came on where they were talking about him, saying things like "oh, he's kind of not really there in the team, and the team keep saying things about how he's not quite good enough, and how they leave him out etc etc"

All I thought was "have you seen this **** bowl?"

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't Clarke get into all kinds of tangles against Harris in the 09 away series? Might be worth a recall on that alone.

Top_Cat

Having a huge rant about how flat Adelaide is should, in theory anyway, stop it being flat. They're actually digging up the pitch for next year's Test so things are looking up.
Lol @ it making any difference whatever. AO was last dug up in the early 90's, prior to which it was probably flatter. This is the spicy one.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol @ it making any difference whatever. AO was last dug up in the early 90's, prior to which it was probably flatter. This is the spicy one.
Going to be replaced with drop-ins. In all likelihood it'll actually be worse but I hold out hope.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Robin Peterson would without doubt perform a more containing role, but I reckon Amla would have contained Australia more so than Tahir managed today.

Spark

Global Moderator
Robin Peterson would without doubt perform a more containing role, but I reckon Amla would have contained Australia more so than Tahir managed today.
Mate if you wanted to make a list of cricketers who fall under the category "would have contained Australia more so than Tahir managed today", that's gonna be a long ****ing list.

Top_Cat

Going to be replaced with drop-ins. In all likelihood it'll actually be worse but I hold out hope.
Love Burdett like a bro but while he's involved, whether it be as the main pitch guy or consultant, she'll be a road I reckon.