• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man that must have been fun watching Imran Tahir getting annihilated like that. I wish England had done that and gotten after Morkel instead of gifting him wicket after wicket.

I can't be bothered going through all the posts, so if anyone advocates Australia declaring at 550 or the like would someone please shoot them for me.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta say, I feel for Mister Wright, too. He's no doubt tasting this Clarke form hard, Adelaide or not. I imagine he feels similar to how I'd feel if I had to watch Andrew Symonds hit four double tons in a year as Test captain. No wonder he doesn't post much here anymore.
Well if a meteorite fell on my roof, blew up my fridge and caused a gas explosion I'd be pissed off too, if we want to deal in wild hypotheticals

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man that must have been fun watching Imran Tahir getting annihilated like that. I wish England had done that and gotten after Morkel instead of gifting him wicket after wicket.

I can't be bothered going through all the posts, so if anyone advocates Australia declaring at 550 or the like would someone please shoot them for me.
I came to the conclusion, from the bits and pieces I saw today, that Clarke doesn't have a lot of respect for Tahir or Morkel.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well if a meteorite fell on my roof, blew up my fridge and caused a gas explosion I'd be pissed off too, if we want to deal in wild hypotheticals
:laugh:

He once drew an analogy between how much I death-rode Symonds's Test career and how he had felt about Michael Clarke a couple of years earlier when he was first forging his way into Test cricket. I often think of how hard he must be taking it when Clarke plays well, because I can't comprehend how much of a cricket grump I'd be if Symonds's Test career turned out like Clarke's.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tahir was so bad. I mean, PEWS has gone way OTT today but he's right when it comes to Tahir, he was absolutely abysmal. Couldn't get through an over without a long hop or a full toss. Not just the batting either - bowled a ****load of pies post-tea which got smacked to fielders.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
srsly, there would be some people who couldn't understand how hard it is to play that shot. On drive is the hardest to play in cricket. **** he nailed it.

benchmark00

Yeah Tahir has bowled as bad as I've ever seen a visiting spinner.

In fact, it's not even a competition. Worst by miles. Looked absolutely 2nd grade standard. And that's no way an exaggeration.

Daemon

Tahir was so bad. I mean, PEWS has gone way OTT today but he's right when it comes to Tahir, he was absolutely abysmal. Couldn't get through an over without a long hop or a full toss. Not just the batting either - bowled a ****load of pies post-tea which got smacked to fielders.
Trying to dig up the post where Prez said no to playing Robbie P instead of Tahir and that Tahir was the way forward.

Daemon

Is Robbie P still an option for SA? No idea whether he's been performing of late, but I think he's a a pretty decent bowler and a handy bat. Anything to not let Tahir play really..

What his ability with that bat means is also that Tsolekile could come in for Duminy without weakening the overall batting of the South Africans.
We've been trying to move away from containing, Giles/Boje-like trundlers. Would much rather Tahir played.
got it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Boje wasn't what I'd call a containing type bowler anyway; he was an attacking left arm spinner. He was just usually quite poor. Paul Harris - now there's a containing bowler.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean, when you get comfortably outbowled by a part-timer on debut whose first delivery was literally put into a construction site, that says a bit