• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Part of the issue. Note that we're assuming this pitch will break up Day 3/4/5. If it continues to be roady the whole way through and we don't even come close to a result, then yeah, that's just ****ty.
thought you just wanted to be entertained and it was a great day of cricket etc

I cbf arguing as I won't do a very good job of it and be beaten comprehensively, but in my mind, I've won this argument. :cool:

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Don't get why people don't like watching ODIs in India then. Short boundaries, big sixes, lots of fours, 400+ totals.
As Spark said, rarity.

When 400+ ODIs are a dime a dozen over there, they get boring pretty quick.

When teams start making 5/480 on a day regularly, nobody will think it special.

Spikey

that's what he meant by 'Part of the issue.' that isn't extraordinary. what we saw today was extraordinary. and so we're talking about it.

centurymaker

International Captain
I agree with Pews on some of what he has said, but the reason people have been going on about this particular innings is that he has scored 3 other huge knocks this year and this one has come at an extraordinary rate...it's like a cumulative praise for the season he has had

if this knock had come from hussey, much less would've been said about it because it would've been his 1st double of the yr

not many are looking at this knock in isloation. we are all biased and we admire a knock more when it has come after good pervious performances..
the previous excellent performances of clarke make the current one seem even better...

15, 6, 12, 0, 71, 6, 201
201 wud receive less accolades..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
how many will saf score 1st dig?
If it's anything less than 400 I will crucify them for batting terribly. Fully expect to have to come in here and do exactly that though; the cricket gods are never kind to me immediately after I have a huge rant about something.

Daemon

If it's anything less than 400 I will crucify them for batting terribly. Fully expect to have to come in here and do exactly that though; the cricket gods are never kind to me immediately after I have a huge rant about something.
Please have a huge rant about Indian pace bowling stocks

uvelocity

International Coach
I like the charity donation idea in the other thread. $10 over under 380

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For the good of cricket imo. So we don't see any more rubbish innings like today on flat decks and poo Indian attacks.
Having a huge rant about how flat Adelaide is should, in theory anyway, stop it being flat. They're actually digging up the pitch for next year's Test so things are looking up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Gotta say, I feel for Mister Wright, too. He's no doubt tasting this Clarke form hard, Adelaide or not. I imagine he feels similar to how I'd feel if I had to watch Andrew Symonds hit four double tons in a year as Test captain. No wonder he doesn't post much here anymore.