Cricket Player Manager
Page 178 of 482 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burr View Post
    Seriously, Cummins is out for the summer? I know I'm very late to this, but that's two years in a row now. I feel we may already have to resign him to the basket of the what ifs?
    He's 19 and has been playing two years of top cricket, his body's still adjusting/growing/hardening. Every quick who bowls with pace goes through this on a fairly regular basis so, of course, we'll see how it pans out but it's not unusual.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Isn't he still 19
    Yeah, but it's his second major injury in a row. His body is still developing, but he may not be the same player on return.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    well we've only got likw 7 t20's and a test match to judge him by when he does return
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually think the talk of dropping Warner for Quiney might just be a sneaky reminder from the selectors to Warner that he's not indispensable and needs to focus on his game. I don't think there's any real chance of Warner getting dropped at all, but his media comments of late definitely tend to suggest he might be getting a bit big for his boots as such, so a public comment from a selector about him being under pressure might just be designed as a bit of a wake-up call for him.
    You are probably right, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to Warner getting dropped. I am a fan of the guy and no doubt he will play a big part in the future, probably in the middle order once Ponting and Huss retire. But I can't help but think our team would do better to have somebody opening who can consistently score 40 off 100, rather than a quickfire hundred once a year.

Khawaja would have been my pick, but Quiney seems like a good guy to have around. Hoping he can grasp his opportunity in Perth and really make a case for being kept.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanJLegend View Post
    You are probably right, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to Warner getting dropped. I am a fan of the guy and no doubt he will play a big part in the future, probably in the middle order once Ponting and Huss retire. But I can't help but think our team would do better to have somebody opening who can consistently score 40 off 100, rather than a quickfire hundred once a year.
    But Watson did that, and was massively criticized for it. Regardless of whether they score 50's or 100's, what we really need - and this is a pretty revolutionary thought here - is someone who can consistently average about 40. I think Warner will be able to do that. And if he doesn't, well then he should probably get the kick because anything much under 40 and we are heading towards NZ territory. And surely we can do better than that. Surely.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Ross Taylor 42
    Jesse Ryder 40
    David Warner 39
    Brendon McCullum 35

You're not heading towards NZ territory, you're smack bang in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    I think Warner will be able to do that. And if he doesn't, well then he should probably get the kick because anything much under 40 and we are heading towards NZ territory. And surely we can do better than that. Surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanJLegend View Post
    ...somebody opening who can consistently score 40 off 100, rather than a quickfire hundred once a year.
    How about a slowfire 30 off 100 once a year? Tim McIntosh doesn't have much on at the moment

He'll score centuries against **** teams too, so you won't drop a test to us next time we play you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Ross Taylor 42
    Jesse Ryder 40
    David Warner 39
    Brendon McCullum 35

You're not heading towards NZ territory, you're smack bang in it.
    I've gotta admit, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Ps. I was actually only talking about openers.

I've gotta admit, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Ps. I was actually only talking about openers.
    You've got a long way to go if you want to steal our crown for producing meh openers.

This is true. Would you guys let Peter Forrest open for you in tests if you had the chance? He averages 26 in ODI's, it's pretty impressive.

I dunno, but Wellington will take him, especially if he gets dropped by his state. He can be their 20th import.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    michael clarke is married now? what?
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    out with you. get out get out.

U19 Cricketer
    But Watson did that, and was massively criticized for it. Regardless of whether they score 50's or 100's, what we really need - and this is a pretty revolutionary thought here - is someone who can consistently average about 40. I think Warner will be able to do that. And if he doesn't, well then he should probably get the kick because anything much under 40 and we are heading towards NZ territory. And surely we can do better than that. Surely.
    That is because Watson consistently scored 40 at a run-a-ball and threw his wicket away slogging rather than push on and get big scores. The role of an opener (in a traditional sense anyway) is to see off the new ball so that the middle order can come out and dominate. If you are going to get out for 40 you should be facing a good amount of balls in doing so.

If Warner is going to score 100 off 100 balls more often than not then that is fantastic. But if he is going to get out early or score a quickfire 20 then that does not benefit us whatsoever.

Thread Information