Page 177 of 482 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Nah, I just don't think he should get special treatment just because he has a high strike rate. He hasn't proved any more about his short/medium-term value in Tests than, say, Hughes had in 2009 or Clarke had in 2005. Long term, sure, he might be gun, but that doesn't mean we can't drop him if he needs dropping.

He's a young, up-and-coming batsman who's shown promise but is still a bit inconsistent, that's all, and it's hardly rare.
    I disagree that he hasn't proved more than Hughes had in 2009. Hughes' success in 2009 was based around his centuries against SA, where he was basically fed a lot deliveries to his off-side strength. His weaknesses weren't exploited well enough. I'm not saying Warner doesn't have any weaknesses by any means, but his centuries have shown he is comparatively a much more complete player than Hughes was. And of course he shouldn't be immune to being dropped, but unless it's for a more alarming period of low scores, the fact he is a more finished product should give him more leeway....especially if the replacement has even less of a reason to be there.

was more worried about warner getting worked out by bringing it into him, he'll smash a big one in saussie in a 5th day 4th innings high scoring aussie win
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Anyway, predictions for next week? Draw the favourite for mine, our middle order absolutely loves Adelaide and I don't see why the Saffer middle order shouldn't be the same. Then again, if a team is going to inexplicably collapse for absolutely no reason at all, it's one of these two...
    I'm tipping a tie.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

I think he'll do OK this summer - remember, SL are touring - but not really looking forward to the India tour from his perspective. I mean, as far as "glaring weaknesses" go...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

I actually think the talk of dropping Warner for Quiney might just be a sneaky reminder from the selectors to Warner that he's not indispensable and needs to focus on his game. I don't think there's any real chance of Warner getting dropped at all, but his media comments of late definitely tend to suggest he might be getting a bit big for his boots as such, so a public comment from a selector about him being under pressure might just be designed as a bit of a wake-up call for him.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Is Jimmy Maher still knocking down the door in shield cricket? Reckon we should give him a go.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Is Jimmy Maher still knocking down the door in shield cricket? Reckon we should give him a go.
    Well he does make runs when he's making runs. Proven performer when he gets it right.

And if we take Glenn McGrath's career topping innings, he does average 61, better than anyone else in the domestic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually think the talk of dropping Warner for Quiney might just be a sneaky reminder from the selectors to Warner that he's not indispensable and needs to focus on his game. I don't think there's any real chance of Warner getting dropped at all, but his media comments of late definitely tend to suggest he might be getting a bit big for his boots as such, so a public comment from a selector about him being under pressure might just be designed as a bit of a wake-up call for him.
    eh, I reckon it's all been over-hyped, if your going off articles like this one: South Africa in Australia 2012-13 : South Africa batsmen easily distracted - Warner | Cricket News | Australia v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo Warner obviously likes to take a jab at the opposition, but as far as his own game goes he's always seemed very honest about what he needs to improve on etc. It's not like he has been going around saying how he has been unlucky or something...

Banned
    Bit of a scare for us in the first match. We really need to learn how to finish off teams once we are on top. Wouldn't read too much into it though, bowling attack failed after a eons and the batting was satisfactory. Kudos to Clarke...man's complete class.

Seriously, Cummins is out for the summer? I know I'm very late to this, but that's two years in a row now. I feel we may already have to resign him to the basket of the what ifs?
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Isn't he still 19

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Not a bad effort after some of the predictions last summer.
    indeed!
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Anyway, predictions for next week? Draw the favourite for mine, our middle order absolutely loves Adelaide and I don't see why the Saffer middle order shouldn't be the same. Then again, if a team is going to inexplicably collapse for absolutely no reason at all, it's one of these two...
    Draw, easily.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Well he does make runs when he's making runs. Proven performer when he gets it right.

Kents are never gonna forget that.

Thread Information