• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

jan

State Vice-Captain
I went to bed at lunch when Clarke had just arrived. Checked in the morning to see Clarke in nearing a double again and Hussey on ton again. Sadly I cant say I did not expect such development :(
What to blame SA performance on?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. Adelaide
2. Philander injured pre-match
3. Adelaide
4. Kallis injured early in the day
5. Adelaide
6. Steyn injured in the middle of the day
7. Adelaide
8. Clarke batted okay
9. Adelaide
10. Adelaide

Have to factor in that the match is in Adelaide, as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. Adelaide
3. Adelaide
5. Adelaide
7. Adelaide
8. Clarke batted okay
9. Adelaide
10. Adelaide

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Adelaide
3. Adelaide
5. Adelaide
7. Adelaide
8. Clarke batted okay
9. Adelaide
10. Adelaide

+

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somebody bring up the most expensive figures in an innings for more than 20 overs bowled please

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I went to bed at lunch when Clarke had just arrived. Checked in the morning to see Clarke in nearing a double again and Hussey on ton again. Sadly I cant say I did not expect such development :(
Selectors not taking tsotsobe and parnell.

Steyn was very off.

poor captaincy and field settings from Smith, especially in the way he used Tahir. He neither cut of the singles or the boundaries with his weird field settings. Asked him to bowl around the wicket with noone on the off side i.e. telling him to bowl outside leg stump consistently.

The Kallis injury was critical.

Warner, Clarke and Hussey played blinders.

The pitch didn't offer much, but it wasn't that bad. There was bounce and carry, and if you're hitting good areas consistently you should be able to take wickets with that.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
OK, yes. Adelaide pitches are flat. OK yes, the SA attack was without Philander and Kallis. But wow. 5.5 rpo for an entire day? Ludicridiculousness. Really sorry I missed it.

Also glad to see Tahir finally getting the treatment his pie-lobbing deserves.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm surprised we didn't get more sixes down that way tbh.
Terrible batting from Clarke to not take advantage of that. Should be at least 300* already on this ground against this attack.

Should be dropped for Ferguson IMO. Because that wouldn't be ironic at all.