• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
Went to bed after 40 minutes of play knowing it was a good batting track and thought Aussies would be 350ish at the close, bit of a shock to turn on and see another Clarke double and such a ridiculous score on the board. Question is how long does Clarke go on tomorrow? 400 for himself and 750+ for the team are possible with so much time left.

Have to say pitches like this should be dug up, do nothing for cricket.:ph34r:
Haha this is actually the last year with the old Adelaide pitch. Don't think it'll be missed by too many.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a day's cricket!

Clarke's five 4's in an over off Morkel were all sensational cricket shots. Warner 100. Hussey 100.

Disappointed Quiney got 0, but anyway. And Ponting got a bit of a ripper from Kallis.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha this is actually the last year with the old Adelaide pitch. Don't think it'll be missed by too many.
Bowlers across Australia will be relieved. Be strange then going into the ashes next year with nobody having a clue how the pitch will play, could be interesting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, thank ****ing Christ for that too. A truly terrible cricket wicket. As you said the drop in might not be much better but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, thank ****ing Christ for that too. A truly terrible cricket wicket. As you said the drop in might not be much better but I'm looking forward to finding out.
It produces results tbf but yeah, it's hard to complain about roads overseas when we have this.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fantastic innings again from Clarke. Can't believe I was saying silly things like AB was better than him a year or so back. 4 200s in a year is outrageously good.

The bowling was just embarrassing. The only good thing to come out of this miserable day is that Imran Tahir will never play international cricket again. I honestly don't mind someone trying their heart out, hitting a length but still conceding 5rpo because of great batting and a flat track. However, bowling 20 overs and going at 8rpo by tossing up full-tosses and half-trackers is really unforgivable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
^to be fair there was a period when AB was also god-like.

If they can pull it (which i don't think they can from 5 down) they should try and bat out all day tomorrow.

Briony

International Debutant

If they can pull it (which i don't think they can from 5 down) they should try and bat out all day tomorrow.
Agree but he's declned markedly in the past year. Maybe he will also peak in his early 30s.

centurymaker

International Captain

that was mostly in the ODIs, not tests to be fair.
since taking up keeping,however, his batting has suffered