Page 173 of 482 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

I do however see the selectors' point that for Adelaide they need a fifth bowler

Still, if Watson can't bowl, I would rather have him at first drop instead of Quiney, and maybe a Moises type at seven, behind Wade
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yep. If Watson isn't fit to bowl then he's not fit overall, and while he may be able to bat he'd risk injured it to a worse degree if he played. If a fit Watson decided to give up bowling he'd still be picked I imagine but they don't want to risk the whole package long-term for the possibility of half of it at half capacity right now.
    THat makes sense, but that's not what the quotes from the horse's mouth in that article are saying

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Ah, you legal types. Another source of the same damn info with the same conjecture doesn't make it twice as strong evidence. This:

On the face of it, if Watson - who has scored 2328 Test runs at 37.55 - is OK to bat but not bowl it makes little sense to select Rob Quiney ahead of him solely because the Victorian is capable of taking up some of the bowling slack with his gentle, if accurate seamers.
    Is based on the assumption that he's good to bat but not to bowl. I'm telling you, if you've done your calf, you can't run and usually not for a while because it's a **** injury. If you can't run, you can't bat or bowl and even if you can just bat, the chances of blowing it again are pretty high the first time you take it for a test drive on a quick single. That coupled with the fact he's an injury risk anyway, he simply can't play, especially with the Tests so close together.

EDIT: Fully fit, the selectors said in that article he'd been considered as a bat only, incidentally. So it's nothing to do with whether they reckon he's good enough to hold his place with the bat alone.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 14-11-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Starc NSW's best with 4-fa against a relatively strong Victorian batting line-up.

HJ tasting so hard.

So which Michael Clarke innings rates higher with CW?

Clarke's recent 259* at the Gabba or Clarke's 151 against South Africa at Cape Town.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    The 151 obv.

Yeah no contest.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

The 259 was a relatively 'normal' 200+ knock, really. Good innings but not an all-timer, I reckon.

The 151 was one of the best I've seen.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

The 151 is the kind of innings where it just becomes better and better the more you consider it.

The 259*, for mine, is more distinguished out of sheer bloody-mindedness, given that I don't think he was in that great nick for half of it (until he got to about 130). Gets points for being against Steyn et al at 3/40, obvs.
    Last edited by Spark; 15-11-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

151 by streets considering the conditions, how well everybody else fared, and still establishing himself as skipper. a great tragedy it came in a loss

259* in much easier conditions, kallis, amla, hussey even cowan could have gone on to score just as many even if with much less magnificence. Extra points for 3/40 of course in the first test of the home summer.

329* in a win, at the SCG his best knock for mine even if the Indian bowling attack was dire.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    151* and then the 60 odd against SL.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    South Africa in Australia 2012-13 : South Africa batsmen easily distracted - Warner | Cricket News | Australia v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

"If the guy's in the fourth tier at the MCG and you see someone move, you're looking way too much and you're too distracted. The other day AB de Villiers played a ball when the sight-screen was still on the advertising board, so if he's just concentrating on the specifics of the bowler then that's fantastic. But someone is moving away because a guy is peaking his head behind the sight screen - if you're picking those little things up I think you're not watching the bowler hard enough."
    Bit rich of Warner considering how focused and vigilant he was at his brief stay in the crease..

Smith, Amla and Kallis thanking him for the batting advice aws.

Between him and Maxwell, there's going to be some ... interesting things said at press conferences over the next few years.

rather read douchey quotes from dave than mark nicholas though

State Vice-Captain
    That said, Smith's always been a bit of a knob when it comes to sight-screens.

Thread Information