• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Amla al-Masih

Cricket Spectator
Welcome to CW, mate!

So congratulations for the Series win then. :D You guys gonna fly back home?
Thanx mate, hehehe, no just my prediction, not going to be easy but defnitly possible, ZAR must go in with an extra quick in Kleinveldt but don't think Kirsen will do that. And for Aus Starc in for Lyon. Allout pace.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is no way in hell that Ponting is a patch on Kallis at the moment.
That's too extreme. Last time Ponting played test cricket in Australia, over a four match series he averaged over 100. Think you need to tone that back a touch don't you think?

Amla al-Masih

Cricket Spectator
now let's look at the bowling figures
Here's the Speedsters:shock:

Steyn / Philander / Morkel:
Overs: 3723.4
Runs: 12305
Wickets: 500
R/W: 24.61
R/O: 3.30
S/R: 44.68
Rating Pnt. / 1000: 943.44 :cool:

Siddle / Hilfenhaus / Pattinson:
Overs: 2164
Runs: 6497
Wickets: 215
R/W: 30.22
R/O: 3.00
S/R: 60.39
Rating Pnt. / 1000: 728.31 :cool:

Difference: 943.33 - 728.31 = 215.02 or 21.5% better :whistling

say2chintu

Cricket Spectator
Luck going Aussie way it seems.

1. Kallis is out with flu, going in 1st test with no practice at all it seems
2. AB is in doubt with his back, no cricket practice for him at all untill now
3. Philander hit on shoulder during nets, with DeLange injured SA have not brought a single back-up pace bowler.

Seriously, I didn't expect SA to come to Aus with so little match practice, except Philander almost no major player in their squad has played any FC cricket since Lord's test. Hmm...I say huge opportunity for Aus to claim #1 ranking.

say2chintu

Cricket Spectator
Mark Nicholas: "Jacques Kallis, given his weight of runs, wickets and catches supports the case that he is among the two or three finest cricketers to have played the game". Disagree

Riggins

International Captain
Mark Nicholas: "Jacques Kallis, given his weight of runs, wickets and catches supports the case that he is among the two or three finest cricketers to have played the game". Disagree
Don Bradman and Damien Martyn the only absolute definites to be better than him. The others you could make a case for him to be equal/better than. I don't think he is, but it's not unreasonable.