• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
bowled off a half volley that deviated slightly off the pitch to take out off stump.

He played inside it and fell over.

It looked very ugly.

Still can't see where this "swing" is that the commentators are talking about. Please see Southee vs Sri Lanka to learn what the definition of swing is.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Every ****ing time I come to England when the Adelaide test is on, this **** happens.

How did Ponting get out?
Kallis has bowled a full delivery on off stump - probably a touch fuller than a half volley, but hardly a great delivery. For some reason, Ponting has played inside it - no foot movement - and his off pole has been dented. He made it look as if it swung massively late, but the Channel 9 graphic showed it as barely deviating.

For added comedic effect, he's fallen flat on his face.

@Spark, I'll nominate.

centurymaker

International Captain
I was in shock for a few secs. I didn't know what had happened.

Comms were calling it a lethal delivery etc until they finally saw the replay.
Weirdest bowled I've probably seen.

Kallis WAG though. Getting wickets bowling fast at the age of 37, hats off.

Flem274*

123/5
You must be watching a different match. It swung very late. Should have been countered with his front foot but it swung late.
Yeah I'm trying to see what the commentators are saying, but I don't. It swung a bit, but Cowan's was far more vicious in terms of movement. Ponting made it look way better than it was. 5 years ago he would have been fine.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
ESPNCricinfo said:
Kallis to Ponting, OUT, bowled him! Kallis has produced a ripping ball. He bowled a full ball which Ponting chose to defend from his crease instead of coming forward. The ball swerved away from the right-hander very late and beat the outside edge to hit of stump, Ponting fell to the pitch after he was beaten. He was completely squared up and beaten. It shaped into him at first and then swung away
RT Ponting b Kallis 4 (3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33
That text makes the ball sound a hell of a lot better than it was.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm trying to see what the commentators are saying, but I don't. It swung a bit, but Cowan's was far more vicious in terms of movement. Ponting made it look way better than it was. 5 years ago he would have been fine.
It only needs to move half a bad width to mis the bat, not sure what relevance the visciousness of the swing has to do with it.

He played it poorly by not getting his front foot forward, but lots of people play balls badly.