• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Patto can rest up between series. December 4 is the fifth day of the last test against SA, December 14 is the first day against SL, surely that's enough time.

Ruckus

International Captain
That would be a better option that resting Patto for Adelaide. He looked easily the most promising on a flat wicket last match. And Starc would be way better suited to the WACA anyway.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope our blokes will be better for the run.

uve, I get what you mean, but if Watson ever actually bowls again, hopefully the work rate won't kill the others. Rotation policy is certainly the new reality though.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Just make greener wickets FFS. We have bowling depth to die for; play to your strengths.

Of course, there's the corresponding risk of SA having an easier deck for their own attack, but I for one enjoy seeing 40 wickets fall over five days. Didn't even bother tuning in for the last day of the first Test.

Burgey

Just make greener wickets FFS. We have bowling depth to die for; play to your strengths.

Of course, there's the corresponding risk of SA having an easier deck for their own attack, but I for one enjoy seeing 40 wickets fall over five days. Didn't even bother tuning in for the last day of the first Test.
The danger is 40 wickets might fall in 2.5 days.

Adelaide won't change though, it's been flat forever. Brisbane was disappointing this year for sure.

Where's HJ? Is the weather set fair?

Burgey

If they haven't repaired the tv in my room so the Sky cricket is on by tomorrow, I'll be going all 70s rock group on the joint.

benchmark00

Pattinson shouldn't play ODI's.

Not because it will give him a rest, but because he's not a good limited overs bowler.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't even know the one dayers schedule this year but I think Pattinson does have a role to play in them, but like I said, rotate him during the series.

South Africa have made two changes, Rory is gone unsurprisingly and in come Faf and Tahir.

Top_Cat

:laugh: @ Adelaide ever being anything other than perfect for batting.

Weather here is too good. Even when the deck is green, it's a beautiful day to bat.

howardj

International Coach
I've finally got this panel worked out - they are pro-Tasmanian.

Brief of evidence:

- Picking Steady Ed out of nowhere last Summer (Tas)
- Wade over Haddin (Wade comes from Tas originally)
- Hilf over Starc today
- Clinging onto Punter like a Koala bear does a tree
- The annoiting of George Bailey
- Plucking Alex Doolan out of nowhere to play for Aus A
- Recalling Doherty to ODIs
- Giving Watto a hard time (he left the Apple Isle)