• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Quaggas

State Captain
Couldn't resist, seeing page one of cricinfo just now. Avatar bet, 1 month, SA to win series. Draw no result. Should you lose, your avatar will be

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't Lyon basically have no follow-through? Seem to remember that was the first thing that struck me even when he was taking some good poles.

Marius

International Debutant
Apart from the question of the keeper I think SA's team is pretty settled.

AB has done his back, but I have heard they are still planning to use him as keeper in the series.

What do you guys think?

I reckon Tsolekile should be given a go, he has a contract, let's use the guy now.

So, the likely team will be:
Smith
Petersen
Amla
Kallis
De Villiers
Duminy
Rudolph/Tsolekile (Rudolph will play if AB keeps)
Philander
Sten
Morkel
Tahir

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson himself has said bowling too much affects his batting, tbh. He also plays all 3 forms so it stands to reason his workload will affect his batting and that's on top of his brain's propensity to leave his body at key moments.

On Lyon, that's a massive 'if' at the moment. That's what Benchy and I are getting at. If Lyon gets pumped, that puts the load back on Watson and the bowlers to do the job. The likelihood of that occurring is looking, well, likely.
Having said that he didn't bowl a massive amount in the last ashes series and still never got a ton. He is just one of those cricketers who will always frustrate the hell out of you despite being a bloody good asset to the side.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Predictions lads?

Runs (Aus) - Warner
Runs (Saf) - Peterson
Wickets (Aus) - Pattinson
Wickets (Saf) - Morkel
Who's getting the axe? (both teams) - Hussey
Bolters to play (at least 1 test) - Cosgrove
Result - Aus 2-1
MOTS - Warner
Miscellaneous - Smith and Kallis to both break thumbs/fingers//wind during the series. MJ to play a test before Starc.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Runs (Aus) - Ponting
Runs (SA) - Amla
Wickets (Aus) - Siddle
Wickets (SA) - Steyn
Who's getting the axe? - Nathan Lyon (Dropped for Perth)
Result - 1-1
MOTS - Siddle

Top_Cat

Having said that he didn't bowl a massive amount in the last ashes series and still never got a ton. He is just one of those cricketers who will always frustrate the hell out of you despite being a bloody good asset to the side.
This is absolutely true although he's bowled a lot more under Clarke. And, I might add, he's bowled really well (which complicates things). But now he's not even getting the regular 50-99 scores he was so readily mocked for here, struggling just to get past 50. 4 Test 50's since his 95 in the Perth Test. Now, that's pretty stark. Would suggest his OD form has been affected by the workload too.

Basically, he's got the performances of a really good contributor at the moment. Your Test number 3 should not be a contributor but primed to be scoring big tons, especially in a line-up which could crash at any time. Anything which gets in the way of that, in my view, should be gone, no matter how well he's bowling and especially since OZ has such a glut of excellent young pace at the moment.

Top_Cat

All about the Saffers this series, I'm afraid.

Runs (Aus) - Clarke
Runs (SA) - Amla
Wickets (Aus) - Siddle
Wickets (SA) - Morkel
Who's getting the axe? - Cowan
Result - 3-0 (SA)
MOTS - Morkel