• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I think Quiney should be coming in a 6 and Ponting should be at 3.
Disagree. Quiney has batted in the top 3 the entire time he's been making runs at domestic level. He's a top order batsman, not a middle order player. Leave him at 3 and keep the rest of the order settled, IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, that's wrong. Not that I'm advocating him slipping down the order but if there's one thing which characterises Quiney it's that he's had to bat everywhere for Vic and has runs on the board from 1-6 in the order, only last season was he opening every game. Guy can clearly bat anywhere the team wants him to.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think the more important point is keeping Clarke and Hussey where they are, and just happens to mean Quiney (or whoever) will be at 3. They clearly like making runs there, so keep them there. It's one of the few things in our batting order which actually works and we know is dependable, so why change it. In any case Quiney is likely a very short term stop-gap, so we really don't even know how Watson will fare there yet.

Spikey

you know, i've sorta got behind the idea of playing Tsolekile over the last couple of days. it's probably because i'm over Rudolph

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
you know, i've sorta got behind the idea of playing Tsolekile over the last couple of days. it's probably because i'm over Rudolph
There's a fair chance both will play; Duminy's out afterall. Faf and Tsolekile both playing is pretty unlikely IMO.

Spikey

i'd consider stupid bowler out and silly tahir in (such an obvious change it hardly counts as a change), xmas horse out for the keeper and the faf duminy swap. so

smitteh
virus
the great man
the great man
ab
faf
the keeper

like i dunno know, at adelaide do you really wanna risk a ****ty keeper? or the ****ty keeper's well known **** back? plus at adl if you do actually get yourself in trouble, you don't want your number 5 batsman to be a 40 and out guy....

I mean i won't be upset if he doesn't play - Firdose Moonda can suck it - but you know I'd support it if they went that way.

also would I be right in saying that the argument for the 7 batsmen structure has lost a bit of weight simply because the new #7 won't be a useful spinner? (read: not a leg spinner)

Last edited:

Spikey

that ian healy somewhat supports my line of thinking is a definite blackmark against me

Spikey

make me

do you think hilf was thinking 'oh no not again' basically all through the last test?

howardj

International Coach
it's his leg sore. If he can't bowl he can't run between the wickets, chase a ball to the boundary or dive at slip.

will struggle to be ready for lanka imo
I really don't buy that

Look at his injury history - it's always arisen when he is bowling

Just look at AB Field in his last FC game

He batted fine in the first innings, then was injured after bowling one over

He doesn't have a history at all of getting injured while batting

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I really don't buy that

he does have a history of getting a sore left shin from being on the bloody pad every other innings. #pleasehitstraightballsdude

uvelocity

International Coach
I really don't buy that

how do you know he didn't pull it while batting, felt it was ok to keep playing, then when trying to bowl went ahh **** nah

Which doesn't address that now that he is injured, he cant run properly which was my point.