• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
What do you mean it's not how cricket works? It's an example of two scoring patterns which DO occur in cricket all of the time. Hence, you can look at those two scoring patterns, and come up with arguments about the advantages/disadvantages each pose in the context of a game.

uvelocity

International Coach
nobody ever gets 50 & 50 or 100 and 0

25 and 124 is what normally would occur. openers getting regular **** alls get crucified rightfully, it's their job to get past 20. but once they get there, they need to make the most. ie get a hundred.

bringing it back to warner, much like gilchrist in ODI's in fact, if you want him to open he would actually be a candidate for a 100/0 pattern, and if you acknowledge that and have someone solid coming in a 3 you can create a different and useful arrangement.

I actually think we need to learn who out of huss and punt we need to move on after this summer, because I can't see either giving it up, or us moving forward with the both of them there.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Mumblings of discontent with Watson's injuries and presence/personality around the team in the papers today. None of them necessarily verified, but will be interesting to see if anyone comes to his defence officially.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Warner as more a 99/1 player myself. Whereas Watson is a 67/33. Clarke would be in the mold of a 250/15.

Ruckus

International Captain
nobody ever gets 50 & 50 or 100 and 0

25 and 124 is what normally would occur. openers getting regular **** alls get crucified rightfully, it's their job to get past 20. but once they get there, they need to make the most. ie get a hundred.

bringing it back to warner, much like gilchrist in ODI's in fact, if you want him to open he would actually be a candidate for a 100/0 pattern, and if you acknowledge that and have someone solid coming in a 3 you can create a different and useful arrangement.

I actually think we need to learn who out of huss and punt we need to move on after this summer, because I can't see either giving it up, or us moving forward with the both of them there.
50 and 50 is just another way of saying two medium range scores, and 100 and 0 is just another way of saying a small hundred and a very small score. It's not intended at all to mean literally only those scores, is just an example used for simplicity.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shane Watson innings guide:

Phase 1 - belt a few classy looking shots to the boundary, accumulate 20 or 30 runs really quickly.

Phase 2 - run out opening partner.

Phase 3 - get bogged down by opposition spinner. Whack one ball over midwicket for 6. Continue to get bogged down.

Phase 4 - milk applause of crowd as you reach your half century. Take a fresh guard and a moment to regain your concentration. Nick next ball to the cordon.

howardj

International Coach
Surprised that they weren't a little more imaginative with the Adelaide squad, given the cloud over Watson. The extra bowler in the first three days is almost essential in Adelaide and, as tidy as Quiney's Gabba offerings were, he's no more than a trundler. Certainly I think Moises or an allrounder of his ilk should have at least been part of the squad

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah straight-up I don't think Quiney's bowling should come into calculations any more than Mussey's does. Needs to live or die by his blade.

MrPrez

International Debutant
South Africa in Australia 2012-13 : Thami Tsolekile plays down race comment | Cricket News | Australia v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

Tsolekile WAG.

Reckon George will look back upon his comments in the future and realise he was being an arse. I actually agree that Tsolekile should be in the team but to put it down to race is ridiculous. I think it was a bit of backlash from Ntini after all the comments from fans about Tsolekile being a quota selection, which I disagree with. Seriously reckon he is the best man for the job.

He's proven himself more over the past few seasons than any other gloveman.