• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not tasting it hard

Starc was the least impressive of New South Wales' four seamers on Thursday but it would come as a major surprise should he not be named by national selection chairman John Inverarity on Friday in Australia's squad for the second Test in Adelaide next week.

I am telling you, if Starc's the answer on an Adelaide belter against the best batsmen in the world, then you're asking the wrong question
Obvious counter; if he wasn't that great, imagine what he'll do when he really hits his stride.

It's all rhetoric, really. The opinion of the blokes actually facing him is what counts for most so I'd be interested in what they're saying over and above anything else.

Ruckus

International Captain
rather read douchey quotes from dave than mark nicholas though
yeah haha. Nicholas' writing makes me gag. Such pretentious drivel. It's like how many cliche analogies/metaphors do you want to throw in there for effect? There is one every sentence ffs.

This is probably what his face looks like when he comes up with one:

"The appeal of cricket comes as much from the artisan as from the artist"

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Clarke has a few really great knocks from before his current purple patch (Lords '09, for example) but they were somewhat soured by the fact they were often rearguards. A score in the first dig, instead of some daft dismissal, would have helped his team a lot more. I doubt he'd dispute that either. Seems to have finally become that Ponting/Waugh-like lead-from-the-front guy of late and Australia's fortunes have gone with it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He had another belter in Sri Lanka.

Was only 60 or 70 odd, but it was an amazing knock given the conditions.

Burgey

Yeh, what's interesting about Blewwy is he's probably one of the most insightful blokes around about cricket in general (tactics, bowling, fielding, etc.) but a terrible batting coach. Classic natural bat.
**** had the best pull shot. Epic to watch.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ah Blewett, how i'd turn homo for him. Thats it, im making a Blewett pull shot compilation video. and maybe a cover drive one too, it arouses me to even think of watching such a great video. Will not be making a video of him being bowled through the gate by a nipping little off cutter, it would go for HOURS......

Top_Cat

His ton in Perth against England alone is a pull shot extravaganza. What a knock that was.

AND WHERE THE **** IS FOOTAGE OF HIS 214.

EDIT: @ Youtube, not you specifically.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always found TC's love for Blewett disturbing. Something off-putting about one guy just constantly posting about some good looking cricketer in every thread

Top_Cat

Always found TC's love for Blewett disturbing. Something off-putting about one guy just constantly posting about some good looking cricketer in every thread
Jack loves him more, losing battle for me. Me and Waqar, tho....