• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc is a more than capable bat himself (not that it's relevant) and performed well with the red ball over the winter.

Top_Cat

More importantly, he's bowling better right now.

The potential massacre of Cutting's short stuff against Smith and Kallis makes baby Hitler cry. Would need a permanent bloody 3rd stationed to stop the bleeding.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
both are average. really, cutting sprays it everywhere Johnson-style if its not his day. dont get why Bollinger isnt in the frame, well i do get it i guess, but its unfair. dude is gun.

Burgey

Yep, wait till India beat us as well. Be some fun posts after that.

Can't see what he is moaning about, a day was lost and Australia were denied any chance of a victory more by that than anything else. As for SA they may have had more intensity in the field if they weren't almost going through the motions knowing it was a draw waiting to happen. On we go to the next test, lets hope the weather doesn't intervene again.
When Mackay and Kline famously resisted the West Indies for the last session at Adelaide in 1960-61, one of the criticisms leveled at the visitors was that because they were so concerned at bowling as many overs as possible in the remaining time, they failed to actually bowl their best bowlers as often as they might have.

howardj

International Coach
More importantly, he's bowling better right now.

The potential massacre of Cutting's short stuff against Smith and Kallis makes baby Hitler cry. Would need a permanent bloody 3rd stationed to stop the bleeding.
Cutting has 17 wickets @ 18 this Shield season

By contrast, Starc looked underwhelming at his only outing at AB Field earlier this month

Again, people are blinded by his white ball form

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah the Gabba looked like an amazing venue for bowlers. Joking..

Cutting for Hilfenhaus doesn't really work as we'd have two bowlers used to being first change. If we were picking a 4 man pace attack I would consider him more, but definitely not when we only have two other quicks.

I actually get the feeling that Henriques or a Mitch Marsh are a chance at playing at the WACA.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Starc plays and doesn't get Kallis out with a bouncer Benchy has to post me a Redskin.

GET STARC IN THE TEAM!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What? That's not the bet. I said Starc will hit Kallis with a bouncer, not necessarily get him out.
Hmm, I interpreted ping as in get him out.

I'm happy to still continue, but ping better mean get hit in the head, and not in the back or some weak **** like that.