Page 124 of 482 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Don't think it's fair to judge him entirely on the three overs he bowled today, he wouldn't have been successful at FC level bowling pies like that. Have no doubt he'll put in a better performance tomorrow.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Oh certainly, but he always appeared to me as one of those guys that will do well at domestic level but didn't have the artillery to make the step up.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Even if he conceeded only 10 runs from his three overs - the overall group opinion of Kleinveldt would stay the same.

Looks overweight, has a bowling action that appears prone to inconsistency and doesn't have a redeeming feature that suggests anything more than first class journeymen.

Will probably take the remaining seven wickets.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Tbf it was either him or Tahir to play so...
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Even if he conceeded only 10 runs from his three overs - the overall group opinion of Kleinveldt would stay the same.

Looks overweight, has a bowling action that appears prone to inconsistency and doesn't have a redeeming feature that suggests anything more than first class journeymen.

Will probably take the remaining seven wickets.
    I know I've only seen him in t20, so this is a terrible call, but Chris Morris looked a better prospect.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Kleinveldt just looks, eeuuww, not good. Not a test seamer's arsehole. Normally one can see something in every bowler that makes their selection understanble but he just looks awful. No pace, no control, no rhythm.
    Wtf? Called Graeme Smith a fatty for every test of his career but not one word about Kleinveldt being a fat ****?

Damn you Brumby, leaving me disappointed here.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Wtf? Called Graeme Smith a fatty for every test of his career but not one word about Kleinveldt being a fat ****?

Damn you Brumby, leaving me disappointed here.
    O ye of little faith:

Quote Originally Posted by Me in the First Impressions thread View Post

Just to echo what others have said about Kleinveldt: not a test bowler. Jerky action and it's never going to generate much more pace than he gets now. Looks to use the same dietician as Philander too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Love your work Brumbers

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Top Cat to crack the ****s.
    Na just saw highlights, he shouldn't have got out to that imo. He basically looked like he changed his mind right at the last moment, despite it being on a line that could have easily been left. Gotta stop making excuses for Ponting just because of the class player he is. In the later part of his career he has consistently been getting out to decent, but by no means amazing, deliveries. People can go on about the whole Chappell line of "he has just been unlucky, and has often been on the receiving end of very good balls early on", but that's pretty bull**** imo. You're not unlucky over such a long period, and in any case everyone is subject to good balls early on, but that's what having good judgement about what to play at and what to leave is all about. Someone like Amla is an absolute master of it atm. Ponting has probably improved from where he was at a year or two ago, but I think that dismissal yesterday was more of a remnant from his past rather than particularly good bowling.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Everyone, we do know it's only one innings don't we? I mean, of all the blokes in the top six, Ponting's FC form coming in was the least of our worries, surely.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Well your comparing Ponting to the best bat in the world and Amla is pretty unique in the modern game in that his strike rate doesn't bother him whatsoever. Everybody knows that Ponting goes searching for bat on ball so isn't going to be the outswinger that swings from leg to off that'll get him to nick off.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Everyone, we do know it's only one innings don't we? I mean, of all the blokes in the top six, Ponting's FC form coming in was the least of our worries, surely.
    yeah, sorry don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think it means he will fail over the entire series or he is back to the low standards of where he was at a year or two ago. I was just talking about the dismissal in itself and the defense that it was brilliant bowling or something. I'm actually not sure about how Ponting's form will play out - he could dominate for the rest of the series, or absolute bomb out, and either outcome wouldn't particularly surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    yeah, sorry don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think it means he will fail over the entire series or he is back to the low standards of where he was at a year or two ago. I was just talking about the dismissal in itself and the defense that it was brilliant bowling or something. I'm actually not sure about how Ponting's form will play out - he could dominate for the rest of the series, or absolute bomb out, and either outcome wouldn't particularly surprise me.
    Yeah fair enough. It did at first blush look a very Ashes 2010 dismissal. But his form had been poor for a while before then.

I still think he's the most important player in the Australian batting line up. I'm more concerned about Warner atm than I am Ponting. Just caught on the crease a lot of late it seems. Hope he comes good. He's terrific to watch when he gets going.

Not sure about the left handed Hilditch. I mean, what can you tell after one dig? But I'd just like to see a few blokes leave the ****ing ball when it's above stump height on or about off peg. I mean, they tend to teach that at a young age, don't they?
    Last edited by Burgey; 11-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Played, Eddie.

Gotta say I like some of these camera angles
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Just think, if we'd bowled them out for zero we'd still be struggling

Thread Information