• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Heboric

International Debutant
I wonder how many times the words "momentum" and "psychological edge" will be used/ misused in the Australian media outlets - probably a lot I reckon :D

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how many times the words "momentum" and "psychological edge" will be used/ misused in the Australian media outlets - probably a lot I reckon :D
Its not as common now because less games end in draws. Back in the 80s you heard it in every draw in every country.

Briony

International Debutant
Australia looked the better team but SA rarely plays two shockers in a row.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Player ratings:

Smith: 3 - fairly forgettable really.
Petersen: 6 - hit a decent half-century, but he'd like to forget that second innings quickly.
Amla: 8 - gun dig in the first innings, but didn't make it a huge one.
Kalls: 9 - should've bowled more. Gun batting however.
de Villiers: 6 - decent dig to stop any hope of Australian victory in the third innings. However, should they really have him keeping?
Rudolph: 3 - forgettable.
Duminy: n/a - sadly injured before he could anything.
Philander: 1 - failed to take a wicket and had real no-ball problems.
Steyn: 3 - generally ineffective.
Kleinveldt: 0.5 - awful debut, likely to be a one-test wonder.
Morkel: 5 - at least asked questions to some extent.

Cowan: 9 - excellent maiden ton, loses a mark for how he got out though.
Warner: 1 - eh....
Quiney: 2 - great 9.
Ponting: 0 - and he even showed good domestic form too :(
Clarke: 10 - wow.
Hussey: 8.5 - not the hardest place to bat, but the aggression was great.
Wade: 4 - not that impressed. Keeping seemed rusty, and batted fairly slowly which could have made a big difference.
Lyon: 5 - saved himself by a couple of last-minute wickets, but seemed very weak for ages.
Siddle: 5 - bowled with some decent fire at times and probably should've gotten more wickets.
Hilfenhaus: 3 - kept it tight but seemed innocuous.
Pattinson: 7 - pick of the bowlers in very tough circumstances.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well the Proteas darn well better make some changes.

Faf, Tahir and even maybe Elgar for Rudolph must come in

Satyanash89

Banned
Was saying before the test itself that rudolph is a bit of a liability... Faf needs to be given a chance now methinks... he's got a good head, and if he comes in when the team's score is already massive, he has the ability to really step up the run rate. Pretty awesome fielder too... this change is mandatory for SA in the next test imo

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What makes it even worse is one didn't even develop his cricket in South Africa and the other chucks. Which leaves us with the horrible douchebag that is Paul Harris.

Heboric

International Debutant
What makes it even worse is one didn't even develop his cricket in South Africa and the other chucks. Which leaves us with the horrible douchebag that is Paul Harris.
"the horrible douchebag" did take over 100 test wickets and did what he was picked for - for the most part.

People always conveniently forget this

Plus Botha's action has been cleared so he doesnt chuck, so careful with these uninformed outbursts

Last edited: