• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just after Cowan got out the commentators were discussing which of the four tons in this match they each thought was best; they were swaying towards Cowan because it was more significant in the context of his career ... but that aside I think Clarke has comfortably scored the best hundred of the four now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke had a little luck at times today, particularly with a couple of short ones, but that aside today was very similar to what he and Ponting did to India in Sydney, with just the one wicket falling. It's amazing how seamlessly he moves through gears now. Credit to him.

Have to say the SA bowlers toiled hard, and kudos to the visitors for the warm hand shakes at the end of such a long day for them

Daemon

Just after Cowan got out the commentators were discussing which of the four tons in this match they each thought was best; they were swaying towards Cowan because it was more significant in the context of his career ... but that aside I think Clarke has comfortably scored the best hundred of the four now.
Hussey to complete his soon as well, though his will probably be the most unremarkable given the lack of pressure and venom in the bowling.

Stapel

International Regular
So the South African bowlers couldn't buy a wicket the whole day (just a (lucky) run out) on a day 4 pitch.

Burgey

His second hundred? Yeah I'd agree with that.

Spikey

HowSTAT! Batting Statistics

Ok, the first 6 guys didn't get to 1000 in 11. Presumably all the guys down to Lara (03) didn't, unless they averaged about 20 after passing 100, and Lara didn't, Ponting (06), Hayden (03) and Sobers (58) didn't either. It's hard to see anyone else doing it.

Stapel

International Regular
Hope tomorrow gets interesting, been sort of..boring so far.
I can see the Aussies go on like this until the lead is 100, and then slog their way to whatever lead at lunch. Could be near 200! But I really can't see them knocking over 10 SA wickets in any way.

Briony

International Debutant
Clarke had a little luck at times today, particularly with a couple of short ones, but that aside today was very similar to what he and Ponting did to India in Sydney, with just the one wicket falling. It's amazing how seamlessly he moves through gears now. Credit to him.

Have to say the SA bowlers toiled hard, and kudos to the visitors for the warm hand shakes at the end of such a long day for them
Have to day Cowan in that he opened, had one slice of luck with the Morkel no ball but didn't get to take advantage of the part-timers.

Amla's was also good in that he had to come in early on day one, though he batted sedately.

SA's batsmen lacked initiative although they faced a more balanced attack.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Hussey will never face easier circumstances - however it was the perfect innings for the situation. Jumped on anything with width and ensured we didn't lose the advantage by having a collapse similar to SA.