• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Satyanash89

Banned
Clark!!!! amazing stuff!

Makes me feel good that he's smashing this attack to bits... really what chance did poor ishant sharma and vinay kumar have? :mellow:

ajdude

International Coach
what's the greatest amount of 200+ scores in a calendar year by an individual? statsguru seems like a pain to use for this

Teja.

Global Moderator
The game is set up perfectly for Steynjie to take one wicket and win my ****ing bet.

Jono: I tried for about five minutes to reply by embedding the Kallis jumping up to ball of the century image with "How many did Kallis score this game?" but it's so hard to do basic computer functions on an IPad, it's unbelievable. :(

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
what's the greatest amount of 200+ scores in a calendar year by an individual? statsguru seems like a pain to use for this
No idea, only played I CBF checked was Mo Yo who only made the one double, but was out in the nervous 190's 3 times!

I doubt anyone has made over 3 though in a year - 3 in a career is sensational, Viv managed 3, Sobers just the 2.

EDIT - who's madhu??

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Madhu tells me that only the Don and Ponting have scored three double-centuries in a year. One of Clarke's was a triple of course. So did the Don, he had a 334."
When did Ponting do it?

EDIT: Looks like it was 2003.

Stapel

International Regular
Clarke also averages above 50 now. He only needs 3 more to keep it that way, if he loses his wicket.

I guess his next target is to get the Gabba's top score which is now in the hands of Alistair Cook iirc (235 not out, Ashes 2010/11).

This test reminds me of that one! Just the single wicket for a few hundred runs!

ajdude

International Coach
When did Ponting do it?

EDIT: Looks like it was 2003.
yeah probably 2003, i was thinking 06 at first but i don't think he scored any doubles that year did he? he made the two tons in the new years test and the 196 in the gabba test but my memory's ****