Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: All Time ODI Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I think Blakus has nailed it. How did people let him get both Hadlee AND Gilchrist?
    I'm sorry but I feel you meant Hayden and Gilchrist.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    But the point is, someone with an ER like that is clearly playing their role in the team...
    Yes, maybe but to say 5 of them would mean 175 is ludicrous IMO.

If the player's role is to bowl 10 straight in the middle overs for under 40 without causing the batsmen any worries then you can't have 5 of them in a team.

Any team which doesn't take wickets will struggle to keep runs down as the innings goes on.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    for the 1980s a bowler with an ER of 4 is on the higher side I think
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I pick Grant Flower

Jayasuriya
    Cook
    Jayawardene
    Crowe
    Sobers
    Collingwood
    Flower
    Healey
    Kumble
    Bond
    McGrath

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Which round did you decide to pick up Sobers Howe?

Round 6
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 15-11-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Agent TBY:- MS Dhoni, Chris Gayle, Brett Lee,

Cabinet96:- Shaun Pollock, AB De Villiers, Michael Hussey, Saeed Ajmal, Darren Gough, Gautam Gambhir, Jonathan Trott, Eoin Morgan, Morne Morkel, Mitchell Johnson, Mohammad Hafeez.

Prince EWS:- Kapil Dev, Jacaques Kallis, Chris Cairns, Nick Knight, Gordon Greenidge, Allan Lamb, Graeme Swann, Fanie De Villiers, Graham Thorpe, Andrew Hall, Tatenda Taibu.

Saint Kopite:- Michael Bevan, Waqar Younis, Kumar Sangakkara, Sourav Ganguly, Greg Chappell, Heath Streak, Herschelle Gibbs, Shahid Afridi, Daniel Vettori, Hansie Cronje, Makhaya Ntini.

AndyZaltzHair:- Viv Richards, Imran Khan, Andy Roberts, Shoaib Akhtar, Jonty Rhodes, Mark Boucher, Carl Hooper, Glenn Turner, Mushtaq Ahmed, Robin Smith, Gary Kirsten.

Monk:- Sachin Tendulkar, Curtly Ambrose, Dean Jones, Dennis Lillee, Ian Botham, Brad Haddin, Simon O'Donnell, Darren Lehmann, Ross Taylor, Peter Taylor,

smalishah84:- Joel Garner, Hashim Amla, Courtney Walsh, Javed Miandad, Mohammad Yusuf, Chaminda Vaas, Rahul Dravid, Stephen Fleming, Romesh Kaluwitharana, Gavin Larsen, Upul Chandana.

8ankitj:- Muttiah Muralitharan, Shane Watson, Zaheer Abbas, Michael Clarke, Desmond Haynes, Craig McDermott, Rashid Latif, Ewen Chatfield, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Ajay Jadeja, Damien Fleming.

kingkallis:- Brian Lara, Allan Donald, Andrew Flintoff, Saeed Anwar, Virender Sehwag, Damien Martyn, Moin Khan, Jason Gillespie, Jacob Oram, Brad Hogg, Ian Chappell.

AldoRaine18:- Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh, Michael Holding, Malcolm Marshall, Yuvraj Singh, Graeme Smith, Virat Kohli, Abdul Qadir, Allan Border, Dale Steyn, Alec Stewart.

Howe_zat:- Glenn McGrath, Sanath Jayasuriya, Shane Bond, Martin Crowe, Mahela Jayawardene, Garry Sobers, Ian Healy, Anil Kumble, Paul Collingwood, Alastair Cook, Grant Flower.

Michaelf7777777:- Shane Warne, Lance Klusner, Andy Flower, Lasith Malinga, Steve Waugh, Angelo Matthews, Abdul Razzaq, Nathan Astle, Jesse Ryder, Ian Bishop, Tilikaratne Dilshan.

Himannv:- Wasim Akram, Saqlain Mushtaq, Aravinda De Silva, Brendon McCullum, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Clive Lloyd, Neil Fairbrother, Marcus Trescothick, Chris Harris, Zaheer Khan, Umar Gul.

Blakus:- Adam Gilchrist, Richard Hadlee, Andrew Symonds, Kevin Pietersen, Matthew Hayden, Shakib Al Hasan, Nathan Bracken, Colin Croft, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Arjuna Ranatunga, Bob Willis.

So, We have thirteen teams which will be divided in two groups. One group will have six while the other will have seven teams. The top four from each group will proceed to the quarter finals.

News to me

Are you simming this?

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    News to me

Are you simming this?
    No.

There would be a poll for each group where everyone has to vote for the best four teams. The four teams with most number of votes go through.

I'd like request that my team be advertised as "Spooony/Prince EWS" too please. No way am I taking all the blame for those early picks.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

That seems oddly repetitive to me, but ok, do as you will

Can't you just make it the top 2 teams from each group and have a semi final? Seriously the 4th placed team in the group of 6 isn't that special an achievement.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    fair point NUFAN

Quote Originally Posted by AldoRaine18 View Post
    That's a cracking ODI team. I think I should have gone for Gul ahead of Steyn, given his ability with yorkers. If I had to point out one thing, and I may be wrong about this, but seems the overall strike rate is slightly low. Particularly lower down the order in case you need someone to chase a target and hit big.
    I think Lloyd is quite capable of going after the bowling. His strike rate is high for the era he played in imo. I also feel that Fairbrother packed a punch when he needed to and he's well suited to this format. Backed by some of those bowlers I think they should go alright if hitting big is necessary.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread Information