Cricket Player Manager
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: All Time ODI Draft

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    I'll take Robin Smith
    My fav. Pommie from the 90s.
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    To be honest, both.

Malcolm Marshall is usually a 1st round pick when it comes to test matches but he was left alone for several rounds in ODIs. Same goes some other notables ones like Steyn.
    I agree he is not a first round ODI pick. Even I got him in 4th round. His stats may be not as good as others, but was he really bad in ODIs? From what I can say, many modern batsmen who have made most runs in flat pitches against poor bowling attacks should still find it tough against a quality bowler like him, right?

And what is your opinion on Holding? He did win two World Cups...

Quote Originally Posted by AldoRaine18 View Post
    I agree he is not a first round ODI pick. Even I got him in 4th round. His stats may be not as good as others, but was he really bad in ODIs?
    I wouldn't say he was really bad but no-one is going to get anywhere near being picked in this draft if they were really bad. Comparatively speaking, he wasn't that good here.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I wouldn't say he was really bad but no-one is going to get anywhere near being picked in this draft if they were really bad. Comparatively speaking, he wasn't that good here.
    This.

Roberts, Holding and Walsh were all picked ahead of Marshall. I'm somewhat surprised that he isn't rated that highly among West Indian quicks in ODIs.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I guess I would have to trust your opinion, since I did not really watch him live much.

Personally, I don't look much at the stats. I think in a given ODI game, I can count on Marshall to trouble a lot of batsmen.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    My fav. Pommie from the 90s.
    Happy to get him at this stage
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

I guess I would have to trust your opinion, since I did not really watch him live much.

Personally, I don't look much at the stats. I think in a given ODI game, I can count on Marshall to trouble a lot of batsmen.
    Well that certainly explains why you took Marshall (in Round 4) and Steyn (at all) in an ODI draft, and you're free to disagree with the consensus but if you're playing to get other people to rate your team then it's probably not the best strat.

Probably not. I am fine as long as people don't start saying Sehwag and Afridi will smash him all over the park because of having higher strike rates...

Dont know about Afridi but Sehwag surely will do that

That's the thing, man. How can a player like Sehwag be anything but a rabbit in front of headlights against a bowler like Marshall, I simply don't understand.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    That's the thing, man. How can a player like Sehwag be anything but a rabbit in front of headlights against a bowler like Marshall, I simply don't understand.
    Some people (Marshall is one) seem to get better and better as time goes on, to the point where people say stuff like this. Sehwag has coped with bowlers as good as Steyn, McGrath and (i'm guessing) Donald. Their skills are similar to Marshall's, he's not twice as good as everyone else, as some think.

In actual fact, Sehwag's the exact sort of batsman who'd attack Marshall and succeed. His eye would allow him to hit Marshall where others wouldn't have been able.

HANSIE CRONJE

Sehwag suffers against bowlers who can move the ball sharply. I have lost the count the number of times that guy tried to play the ball outside off stump and dragging it back to the stump and getting bowled.

So guys what shall we do with Agent TBY?

He hasn't been online since Round-3.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information