• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time ODI Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yes, maybe but to say 5 of them would mean 175 is ludicrous IMO.

If the player's role is to bowl 10 straight in the middle overs for under 40 without causing the batsmen any worries then you can't have 5 of them in a team.

Any team which doesn't take wickets will struggle to keep runs down as the innings goes on.
Yeh...and I don't have 5 of him I have one. I also have two strike bowlers, another fast/med and a good spinner.. And my point stands. His ER is under 4 an over, which I consider good for any bowler, any era.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
guys I nominate Gary Kirsten as head coach for my team; Jonty Rhodes as fielding coach and Andy Roberts as bowling coach; A+ coaching unit who are players themselves. Very economical team without having to carry extra support staffs overboard.

Red

he has an ER of 3.96 which is 4.

And 4 in that era probably is on the higher side. Get over it :p

Botham rejects claims his economy rate is to high by pointing out that his mustache and comb-over are awesome. And adds that later in his career he will get tints and a perm, so his awesomeness cannot be matched.

Red

guys I nominate Gary Kirsten as head coach for my team; Jonty Rhodes as fielding coach and Andy Roberts as bowling coach; A+ coaching unit who are players themselves. Very economical team without having to carry extra support staffs overboard.
Bruce Reid to be our batting and bowling at the death coach.

watson

Banned

Botham rejects claims his economy rate is to high by pointing out that his mustache and comb-over are awesome. And adds that later in his career he will get tints and a perm, so his awesomeness cannot be matched.
Yes, it's very difficult to argue against that comb over. I think that you'll have to concede this one smali :laugh:

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
If people don't vote for a team then it ought not win, people are unlikely to change their minds.

Usually we just have one vote and that's that (after all it doesn't much matter who wins, most people just play for the sake of playing). If you want to have multiple rounds then go ahead but I agree that having four is really unnecessary, and you'll end up with a final of three votes.
Ok then. We will have two teams from each group and then Semi Finals. Is that ok with everyone?

Himannv

International Coach
Ok then. We will have two teams from each group and then Semi Finals. Is that ok with everyone?
Why don't we just have one voting thread where everyone just picks their top teams. The last time we tried this method of voting, people simply got bored and by the time we got to the finals hardly anyone was interested enough to vote. When their teams go out of the running, most of them stop caring.

If you really want all teams to get a fair share of the votes, why not have everyone list the teams from 13 - 1 (where 13 is their favourite team and 1 is their least favourite team. Also they exclude their own team when voting). Later combine the lists and tally up the scores. At the end, the team with the highest number of points wins.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Why don't we just have one voting thread where everyone just picks their top teams. The last time we tried this method of voting, people simply got bored and by the time we got to the finals hardly anyone was interested enough to vote. When their teams go out of the running, most of them stop caring.

If you really want all teams to get a fair share of the votes, why not have everyone list the teams from 13 - 1 (where 13 is their favourite team and 1 is their least favourite team. Also they exclude their own team when voting). Later combine the lists and tally up the scores. At the end, the team with the highest number of points wins.
See. I have no problem with the winners being decided in one poll but because of the top two getting the chance to pick a player from the teams that got eliminated would have made it interesting. Either way, Lets see what others say about this.