• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time ODI Draft

kingkallis

International Coach
We will hire a decent coach to take care of that ;)

Jaco is a very decent player and will adapt quickly for sure. haha!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Monk's ODI XI

- Sachin Tendulkar /
- Brad Haddin /+
- Dean Jones /
- Ross Taylor /
- Mohammed Azharruddin
- Darren Lehmann /o
- Ian Botham /o
- Simon O'Donnell /o
- Peter Taylor o
- Dennis Lillee o
- Curtly Ambrose o

Quite pleased with the outcome of this team.

- Tight bowling unit. Ambrose and Lillee will share the new ball, and strike a few times with it, putting the opposition under pressure. Both are very capable of keeping it tight. Botham and O'Donnell share the all rounder duties. O'Donnell was one of the first guys in ODIs to master the slower variations and become acclaimed as a "death" bowler. Beefy will be likely to take wickets and get in the face of the opposition. Peter Taylor a forgotten man in many ways, but before the advent of Warne, he was a miserly and crafty ODI spinner. Lehmann also capable of providing some LA variation if needed.

- Batting is well suited to the 50 over format. Tendulkar is undoubtably one of the great ODI players, and at the top of the order he has overseen many big Indian totals. Plays every shot and is very difficult to dismiss. Haddin will partner him and will go big down the ground early, especially while the field is up. Jones was a pro ODI player, setting new standards as a batsman with his shot selection and running between wickets. Was rightly proclaimed the greatest ODI batsman of his time. Taylor, Azha and Lehmann are all clever cricketers, well suited to working the ball through the middle overs then hitting out at the end. With the tail we have, big scores will be the norm, with Botham and O'Donnell both massive hitters. Both can bat up the order if needed.

- As a fielding unit we are tighter than a duck's arse. Jones, Taylor and Azha are all great fielders, Jones particularly as a sweeper and in the covers. It is sometimes forgotten how good a fielder Beefy was, in either the slips of the outfield. O'Donnell, Lillee, Ambrose and Jones all have huge throwing arms, well suited to cutting down runs and causing run outs in the later overs.

tldnr? We'd **** all over everyone else's teams! :)

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Monk's ODI XI

- Sachin Tendulkar /
- Brad Haddin /+
- Dean Jones /
- Ross Taylor /
- Mohammed Azharruddin
- Darren Lehmann /o
- Ian Botham /o
- Simon O'Donnell /o
- Peter Taylor o
- Dennis Lillee o
- Curtly Ambrose o

Quite pleased with the outcome of this team.

- Tight bowling unit. Ambrose and Lillee will share the new ball, and strike a few times with it, putting the opposition under pressure. Both are very capable of keeping it tight. Botham and O'Donnell share the all rounder duties. O'Donnell was one of the first guys in ODIs to master the slower variations and become acclaimed as a "death" bowler. Beefy will be likely to take wickets and get in the face of the opposition. Peter Taylor a forgotten man in many ways, but before the advent of Warne, he was a miserly and crafty ODI spinner. Lehmann also capable of providing some LA variation if needed.

- Batting is well suited to the 50 over format. Tendulkar is undoubtably one of the great ODI players, and at the top of the order he has overseen many big Indian totals. Plays every shot and is very difficult to dismiss. Haddin will partner him and will go big down the ground early, especially while the field is up. Jones was a pro ODI player, setting new standards as a batsman with his shot selection and running between wickets. Was rightly proclaimed the greatest ODI batsman of his time. Taylor, Azha and Lehmann are all clever cricketers, well suited to working the ball through the middle overs then hitting out at the end. With the tail we have, big scores will be the norm, with Botham and O'Donnell both massive hitters. Both can bat up the order if needed.

- As a fielding unit we are tighter than a duck's arse. Jones, Taylor and Azha are all great fielders, Jones particularly as a sweeper and in the covers. It is sometimes forgotten how good a fielder Beefy was, in either the slips of the outfield. O'Donnell, Lillee, Ambrose and Jones all have huge throwing arms, well suited to cutting down runs and causing run outs in the later overs.

tldnr? We'd **** all over everyone else's teams! :)
That is a pretty good team. But Ian Botham wasn't that great at ODIs. Might call him Afridi-ish

Red

That is a pretty good team. But Ian Botham wasn't that great at ODIs. Might call him Afridi-ish
He wasn't too bad. I'll take his x-factor.

Managed to have a career bowling economy rate of under 4, which is very good in any era.

And had a batting SR of nearly 80, which was very good for his era.

Himannv

International Coach
I might as well take another death bowler, so Umar Gul it is.

01. Marcus Trescothick
02. Brendan McCullum+
03. Aravinda de Silva
04. Inzamam-ul-Haq
05. Clive Lloyd*
06. Neil Fairbrother
07. Chris Harris
08. Wasim Akram
09. Zaheer Khan
10. Umar Gul
11. Saqlain Mushtaq

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain

Managed to have a career bowling economy rate of under 4, which is very good in any era.

I believe Marshall bowled at around 3.5 as well. Not sure how much that is affecting the opinions around here. :D

Red

I believe Marshall bowled at around 3.5 as well. Not sure how much that is affecting the opinions around here. :D
It matters heaps in ODIs imo. Far more than averages, and maybe even more than SRs.

If you have 5 bowlers who all have an economy rate of 3.5, your batting line up is only chasing 175.....

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I might as well take another death bowler, so Umar Gul it is.

01. Marcus Trescothick
02. Brendan McCullum+
03. Aravinda de Silva
04. Inzamam-ul-Haq
05. Clive Lloyd*
06. Neil Fairbrother
07. Chris Harris
08. Wasim Akram
09. Zaheer Khan
10. Umar Gul
11. Saqlain Mushtaq

That's a cracking ODI team. I think I should have gone for Gul ahead of Steyn, given his ability with yorkers. If I had to point out one thing, and I may be wrong about this, but seems the overall strike rate is slightly low. Particularly lower down the order in case you need someone to chase a target and hit big.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Bob Willis

1.Adam Gilchrist+
2.Matthew Hayden
3.Kevin Pietersen
4.Shivnarine Chanderpaul
5.Andrew Symonds
6.Arjuna Ranatunga*
7.Shakib al Hasan
8.Richard Hadlee
9.Colin Croft
10.Nathan Bracken
11.Bob Willis

smash84

The Tiger King

For the era that he played in....I am not sure how good an RPO of 4 is tbh....not too flash from what I can recall, a little on the higher side probably

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Blakus has nailed it. How did people let him get both Hadlee AND Gilchrist?