• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time ODI Draft

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Will play if you remove the 50 ODIs limit

You're free to not rate players with fewer caps when it comes to the vote, surely
Sorry mate, but the thing is ultimately the player's reputation will have a big say. One side has a good team with proper balance while the other side has lets say, Gary Sobers who is probably amongst the top three cricketers of all time. Even though, Sobers played only one ODI and didn't do that well, his name will be difficult to ignore. I hope you understand it. Cheers.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
1. Saint Kopite
2. Michaelf7777777
3. Agent TBY
4. Cabinet96
5. smalishah84
6. Spooony
7. AldoRaine18
8. Monk
9. AndyZaltzHair
10. 8ankitj
11. Blakus
12. Howe_zat
13. Himannv
14. kingkallis

Ok, we have 14 registrants including Howe_zat. I know the limit was set at 12, but I think we can have two more. We will then have two groups of seven teams where the top four from each group will progress to the Quarter Finals. What say, guys?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sorry mate, but the thing is ultimately the player's reputation will have a big say. One side has a good team with proper balance while the other side has lets say, Gary Sobers who is probably amongst the top three cricketers of all time. Even though, Sobers played only one ODI and didn't do that well, his name will be difficult to ignore. I hope you understand it. Cheers.
But we'll be rating the players based on their ODI exploits. I think everyone here is smart enough to see Sobers in an all time ODI line up and not judge him and his role in the team based on his test exploits.

I understand the potential problem you have, but I think people will be sensible and view Sobers for the ODI player he was, and therefore not rate him very highly.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
But we'll be rating the players based on their ODI exploits. I think everyone here is smart enough to see Sobers in an all time ODI line up and not judge him and his role in the team based on his test exploits.

I understand the potential problem you have, but I think people will be sensible and view Sobers for the ODI player he was, and therefore not rate him very highly.
Hmmmm.

Lets see what a few others say regarding this. If they're ok, then we will go ahead with this.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think the 50 game limit is fine mate. Make whatever rules you want.

I see this 6 hour thing lasting all of three picks before it is changed to 24 hours.

smash84

The Tiger King
I see this 6 hour thing lasting all of four picks before it is changed to 24 hours.
Fixed :ph34r:

awta

I would also second this

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Ok. 12 hours time limit it is.

If Howe_zat plays, we will go with 14 otherwise we may have to exclude one more to make it 12.

Spooony

Banned
Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Viv Richards
Lance Klusener
Kapil Dev
Garfield Sobers
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Glen McGrath

12th man Shane Bond

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Lol, Spoony.

You have to pick only one player and that too when your turn comes. I am making the picking order now. Do you lot want this order to be there for the entire draft or do you want to change the order after every two rounds?

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Ok, The order is:-

1. Agent TBY
2. AndyZaltzHair
3. Monk
4. Blakus
5. 8ankitj
6. AldoRaine18
7. Spooony
8. Cabinet96
9. Himannv
10. Saint Kopite
11. Howe_zat
12. smalishah84
13. Michaelf7777777
14. kingkallis

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
We will start the draft tomorrow at 06:00 PM GMT.

The time-limit for one pick is 12 Hours. If someone misses his pick, he will get to pick the player at the end of the round. Cheers.