• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the definition of a 'choke'?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Normally I dont really care about this whole choking thing I just laugh at how non Saffers related every loss to a choke. BUT this whole thing that England dont choke is a cop out. This whole "England were ****" line does not wash. Its easy to say that in retrospect but beginning and during these tournaments people werent saying England were ****.

Before tournament
Person x says "Ah England have a good bunch of players our record has been great because we won x series in a row - we will have a great tournament.

After England gets knockout of tournament
Person x says "Nah England are **** they never had a chance so its not a chance.
Can you do a similar before and after tournament for South Africa too, please?

Look, I like and support South Africa (lest you misunderstand), but to not acknowledge the choke problem is denial, as Gary Kirsten would tell you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Before tournament
Person x says "Ah England have a good bunch of players our record has been great because we won x series in a row - we will have a great tournament.

After England gets knockout of tournament
Person x says "Nah England are **** they never had a chance so its not a chance.
I'd love you to provide evidence of this happening because I can't remember any ICC tournament in my cricket watching time when England have gone in being talked up.

barry711

Cricket Spectator
Sri Lankans are the best fielding unit in South Asian teams.They have got the best players with unique capabilities like Malinga,Mendis etc.Winning and losing is part of game,they played extra ordinary through out the tournament but in the Final W.Indians were just too good for them.They got the 2nd position which is never bad but home crowd was little disappointed in the end.i don't think Sri Lankans can be called "chokers".

Nitrotek