• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League T20 2012

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Toss was massive as they captains said or implied.

You couldn't play through the line like Azhar did earlier in the match. I don't think Hampshire timed more than a handful of shots all innings. You could hear it from the sound of bat on ball.
You'd say the toss was a factor, absolutely. But a side truly deserving of a CL spot would have put up a better fight than Hampshire. They didn't exactly take full toll on a left-arm spinner who the track didn't suit, either. If they had the attitude of whoever wins the toss wins the game, as Mascarenhas said, then they can jog on. 140 was achievable. I doubt it changed too much in 20 overs and having a roller run across it - which I'd suggest happened in the morning as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Think Auckland may be rather chuffed with that :thumbsup:. Well done to them and hopefully they win a couple of games in their pool.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent work by Auckland. It's a pity for them that Styris chose to move back to ND. With him in the team, I reckon they'd be a real chance to make the semis.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Hants always looked short with that total and so it proved despite some decent bowling early on raising the required run rate but it never reached a level that appeared out of Sialkot's control. Nice measured knock by Shoaib Malik and Sohail led his side home admirably.

SeamUp

International Coach
This is the sort of T20 cricket I like. The international T20's must be a thing of the past.

Pity the English teams look like they won't come back to this tournament in the future.

Well done to the Auckland Aces & Yorkshire Carnegie. They were the two sides who were most professional and you can see their preparation for the tournament was better.

For the SA sides, it could be an interesting tournament. For the Titans they have been hit IPL preferances or injuries. AB De Villiers & Marchant De Lange injured with Faf Du Plessis, Albie Morkel & Morne Morkel playing for their IPL sides.

Expecting their team to be:

Henry Davids, Jacques Rudolph, Martin Van Jaarsveld (c), Farhaan Behardien, Heino Kuhn, David Wiese, Roelof Van der Merwe, Mangaliso Mosehle, Alfonso Thomas, CJ De Villiers, Paul Harris

Reserve: Pieter Malan, Eden Links, Ethy Mbhalati & Rowan Richards

Interested to see how the Lions go. Have a few players with potential & a lot of experienced players.

Expecting their team to be:

Alviro Petersen (c), Quinton De Kock, Neil McKenzie, Zander De Bruyn, Jean Symes, Dwaine Pretorius, Thami Tsolekile, Chris Morris, Sohail Tanvir, Aaron Phangiso, Dirk Nannes

Reserves: Gulam Bodi, Temba Bavuma, Pumelela Matshikwe, Ethan O'Reilly

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent work by Auckland. It's a pity for them that Styris chose to move back to ND. With him in the team, I reckon they'd be a real chance to make the semis.
Team culture is a big part of a winning side, not just pure runs..that's all ill say.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
brumby in obscure ***ual reference shocker :eek:
Not guilty, guv.

I do have previous in this regard, but my knowledge of Japanese slang for bum-*** is sketchy at best.

Meanwhile, solid start for the **** versus Perth. Most impressive part of the Scorchers' bowling is Rimmington's beard.

Ha, Mitch Marsh goes the distance off his first ball and then overpitches and is crashed through the covers by Davids. Clean hitter, tbf.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only started listening to the commentary now - is Nathan Coulter-Nile injured or just not selected?

Better not be the latter..