• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League T20 2012

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Miller. Perfect time to come back in with the spinner on, but fair play to take him apart like that after his injury.

Rashid's played a fine hand though tbf. Admittedly only really after those two fours.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm wonder if Rashid will still do his step to off and waft...

Nope sensible stuff. Don't know where all the fielders were mind.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to the French. Did it at a canter in the end.

Plenty of scope for improvement too, especially in the field.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win considering how weak we are and how strong we could be if players were fit/available. Be nice to get into the group stages and then beat one of the Indian sides.

Scaly piscine

Oh **** off that was patently out.

The view from behind was clear as day, and so they replay the side on shot, which merely suggested it was out.

Scaly piscine

Horrible decision to bowl Hira mind, but it really pissed me off when the 3rd umpire repeats the wrong replay about 20 times and ignores the other one that clearly showed the bat was in the air when the bails were knocked off. If they don't have the bottle or basic sense to give decisions like that they shouldn't be umpiring.

That decision has really cost Auckland so far.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Caught up a bit over breakfast Scaly, Mills splicing guys! Presume McClenaghan has a super chance to come in for tonight's game after they saw that, or if they think he'd get carried away with that much assistance, perhaps the Phantom

Louey Vincent hook shots for six, Azhar, Munro a cracking reverse-sweep! Aces vs. Black Caps right now would be itstl.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh **** off that was patently out.

The view from behind was clear as day, and so they replay the side on shot, which merely suggested it was out.
Gonna go ahead and guess this was the Adams backflick run out...which on the other angle was as blatantly out. Very weak umpiring. Obviously decided he would be safe calling it not out based on the uncertainty of the original angle. Could have cost Auckland dear.

The next over wasn't necessarily a terrible idea to bowl Hira...probably not the best one but in my mind he simply saw tossing it up as a way of getting a couple more wickets with batsmen trying to hit out. Not so, sir.

Don't think they'll change the team for tomorrow. Seems strange that they have to play twice inside 24 hrs when Hampshire come in fresh. Shouldn't make too much difference I suppose. Gee I'm up for it tomorrow.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Really unsure how I tackle this...stay up and be a complete write-off tomorrow, possibly grumpier if they lose. Go to sleep now, wake up at 12, watch the game then be bored off my skull from 4 onwards. Or not get up at all in the superstitious belief that every time I go to sleep something wonderful occurs sporting wise.

harjotsingh

Cricket Spectator
Champions league 20 20 has just started after world cup 20 20. I think kolkata knight riders has big chance to win the champion league 20 20 this year because the way they played in IPL was amazing. Good luck kolkata knight riders.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Golcar was the club I played at. He got pulled out of our team to play for Yorkshire Academy as a 16 year old, talented but a bit flawed. Loves going to leg.
A "post T20" styley player then? Be interested to have a gander, anyway.

Meanwhile, when did Pommie cut his dreads off? If he didn't have such a distinctive voice I mightn't have recognised him.

**** or bust for Hants from the first game, then. Lose this and the D*Ream is over. Hopkins frighteningly short too; never pegged Dimi as tall and he towered over him at the toss.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol. Funny old game sometimes. Mills has gone for more in two balls than he did in four overs versus the Stallions.