• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League T20 2012

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raina the ultimate suck up, giving his captain two overs to bowl. Can't get any worse.

Daemon

Yorkshire's done well in the tournament imo. They did win both qualifiers to get here with a young team. Compared to CSKs 958 international caps they've just got 34 between two guys as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't know why they always feel the need to overarm throw it back to the keeper when the batsmen aren't attempting to run. Just underarm it back to him FFS!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Saha at 8 and Ashwin at 9 is just ridiculous over-kill when it comes to a T20 batting lineup, so if Jadeja's bowling is in that bad a place at the moment that he'd come on after Raina and then be yanked after one over while even Dhoni was shown more faith, one of the batsmen should've been left out here. Probably Jadeja himself actually.

There's absolutely no need to have to try and make up a fifth bowler out of part-timers when you've got Albie Morkel and Ravi Ashwin in the side.

Spikey

Michael Lumb, Peter Nevill, Nic Maddinson, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Steven Smith, Steve O'Keefe, Nathan McCullum, Patrick Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood
well i can truly say i'm shocked. haddin opening, rohrer in for watson and down to 6 and then mccullum/super dom/moran fighting it out for number 7 was my expectation

still it means i can go to bed at 3:30am after Nev has knocked up 267*

and they'll still be 5 overs left in the innings that i'll be missing

Spikey

Well I take the view it's not for Nev, it's for McCullum, and it's fair enough if they expect the guy at number 7/want the insurance of him being able to bowl. But with that said, Nev and Lumb is hardly the greatest opening combo, and we might need number 7 to be able to bat more than we need him to bowl. Personally, given it's a dead rubber, I would have rolled with Thornely and maybe try to get some overs into Smith. And obviously if it doesn't work out who cares it's a dead rubber. They've sorta gone the wrong way around.

also the very first sentence of this post is a giant moot point

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well I take the view it's not for Nev, it's for McCullum, and it's fair enough if they expect the guy at number 7/want the insurance of him being able to bowl. But with that said, Nev and Lumb is hardly the greatest opening combo, and we might need number 7 to be able to bat more than we need him to bowl. Personally, given it's a dead rubber, I would have rolled with Thornely and maybe try to get some overs into Smith. And obviously if it doesn't work out who cares it's a dead rubber. They've sorta gone the wrong way around.

also the very first sentence of this post is a giant moot point
I'd rather have Thornely playing than Nev though, just as a batsman. That was my point.

McCullum basically had to come in because Watson was a frontline bowler, so even though he's going to bat seven/eight I consider him coming in for Watson as such.