• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League T20 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just got in in time to see the last over.

Yousless Pathan showing once again that he can only score against buffy bowling.
I do think he can hit decent bowling if he's set, but he takes so long to get set that he basically ends up doing nothing 90% of the time - usually ends up heaving one up in the air early on.

grecian

Surely there's got to be a way the IPL teams can cheat there way through like last time, playing more forns then the tournament allowed. Maybe they could have a bidding Auction tomorrow and buy all the best players from these pesky teams that keep beating them, in return for the likes of Balaji and Kulkarni.

Because these results are making the entire over-hyped multi-zillion pound IPL, look like just a dodgy sham, with well-paid mercenaries who don't actually give a ****, mixed in with sub-standard Indian pie-throwers..

SeamUp

International Coach
So the teams playing for the badge are showing up the IPL teams. Go figure.

Also take someone like Pradeep Sangwan, KKR pick him but don't back him. You would never get that at the non-IPL teams.

How has Azhar Mahmood been ditched by Pakistan for 10 years? The way he is playing he could play for another 10.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Auckland, I'm impressed. Like a delivery boy at Pizza Hut who's pissing his slack co-workers off by being really diligent with his work and grateful for the cash.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Strange that Azhar Mahmood has never played a T20 International for Pakistan!

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't you just love the Champions League? Taste it Kolkata!

Surely there's got to be a way the IPL teams can cheat there way through like last time, playing more forns then the tournament allowed. Maybe they could have a bidding Auction tomorrow and buy all the best players from these pesky teams that keep beating them, in return for the likes of Balaji and Kulkarni.

Because these results are making the entire over-hyped multi-zillion pound IPL, look like just a dodgy sham, with well-paid mercenaries who don't actually give a ****, mixed in with sub-standard Indian pie-throwers..
Unfortunately, due to the sheer numbers of IPL teams they'll still probably be an IPL team that wins it or at least gets to the final. Last year Somerset and New South Wales topped their group, and, if not for a last ball meltdown, South Australia would have qualified for the semi's too.

But it still got down to an all IPL final.

Every IPL team has lost to a non IPL side, yet one of them still tops a group. Because they play each other, it's impossible for them all to do badly.

Reckon Delhi will win it.

grecian

Don't you just love the Champions League? Taste it Kolkata!

Unfortunately, due to the sheer numbers of IPL teams they'll still probably be an IPL team that wins it or at least gets to the final. Last year Somerset and New South Wales topped their group, and, if not for a last ball meltdown, South Australia would have qualified for the semi's too.

But it still got down to an all IPL final.

Every IPL team has lost to a non IPL side, yet one of them still tops a group. Because they play each other, it's impossible for them all to do badly.

Reckon Delhi will win it.
Oh, I agree, but after a few years of "THE IPL IS THE FUTURE OF CRICKET, ALL HAIL THE IPL", I'm allowed a little gloating.

As I say, I quite like t20, but hate IPL.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland, I'm impressed. Like a delivery boy at Pizza Hut who's pissing his slack co-workers off by being really diligent with his work and grateful for the cash.
Haha good one.

Really pleased for Aucks - looks like they're playing really well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Haha well said!

I'm sure they'll point to the foreign conditions and say if only the tournament was in India.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Haha well said!

I'm sure they'll point to the foreign conditions and say if only the tournament was in India.
Every IPL side has enough quality overseas pros to counter any inexperience in foreign conditions anyway.

Their players just show zero intensity and zero preparation. Dumb decision making too, like promoting Mitchell Johnson to no 4 and not selecting Brett Lee on a green top

ExecutorAzmin

Cricket Spectator
Every IPL side has enough quality overseas pros to counter any inexperience in foreign conditions anyway.

Their players just show zero intensity and zero preparation. Dumb decision making too, like promoting Mitchell Johnson to no 4 and not selecting Brett Lee on a green top
The complacency is just way too glaring... the hunger is lacking, especially compared to the non-IPL sides...

shankar

International Debutant
LOL at people thinking that the BCCI somehow cares desperately about making an IPL side win. Of course all 3 boards involved would want the IPL sides to at least make the semi-finals because that's what'll ensure the viewing figures. But beyond that I don't think they give a **** who wins the silly thing.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All they want is $$, and for them to maximise profits an all IPL finals would be ideal.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It's kind of stink that the IPL teams have multiple foreign players in them - but the other teams are restricted to one each.

McCullum should have dogged it on purpose against a NZ team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd rather see no international players outside of their own country's teams tbh.

Auckland wouldn't have made it this far with that rule.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
LOL at people thinking that the BCCI somehow cares desperately about making an IPL side win. Of course all 3 boards involved would want the IPL sides to at least make the semi-finals because that's what'll ensure the viewing figures. But beyond that I don't think they give a **** who wins the silly thing.
Of course they care, all you have to do is hear Ravi Shastri's funeral voice whenever an IPL side loses. Its hilarious. Plus not only does it lose them money but it makes the entire IPL look like ****.

How can you create a successful sports league when your players quite clearly couldn't care less about winning. The public won't buy it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would it be fair to say the 2010 tournament practically ruined Doug Bollinger's career? Played one test since that injury in Mohali. Had been the sides best bowler for a year as well.
No the selectors unwillingness to play two left armers and love of Mitch Johnson, was what killed his career. He been fit for long time now.

But with young quicks emerging he days are all most gone, baring a large number of injuries.