• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2012/13

Chubb

International Regular
Leaving aside that Murray Goodwin is never going to come back anyway, I wouldn't pick him at this age, however good he is compared to the rest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, is 39-year-old Goodwin still a better bat than Waller, for instance?
Well I'd at least want to find out, tbh. He'd be on a shortish leash if he failed early, but if hell froze over and he decided tomorrow that he wanted another shot at Test cricket, I'd definitely pick him.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah Goodwin even at 40 I reckon would still be in the national side if he wanted to be. However slow his reflexes may have become, he makes up with his general experience and Zimbabwe's current lack of quality middle order batsmen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Eight in an innings for Ed Rainsford; I'm loving it. One of the players I found myself disagreeing with Chubb on the most back in the day I believe; I guess he won out with Rainsford way down the pecking order now, but I still hold out hope. :p

I can't believe he's already 27; seems like such a waste.

Chubb

International Regular
Jeez I can't remember bagging Rainsford? I do remember calling for him to be in the side a couple of times. And I used to have him as my avatar too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jeez I can't remember bagging Rainsford? I do remember calling for him to be in the side a couple of times. And I used to have him as my avatar too.
I remember you making a few posts saying you didn't think he was that good but that he was a little bit better than the jokers in the side and should be playing anyway. Well I thought he was that good and could've averaged low 30s in Tests if he and Zimbabwe in general were playing them, and if he could shake his injury problems.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Meth and Querl have torn another batting side apart getting figures of 4/24 for Meth and 5/24 for Querl as the Rhinos were bowled out for 65. A side that contains Taylor, Waller, Sibanda and Vermulen.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Word going around in Zim cricket circles is that Querl is a bit of a chucker. I haven't seen a lot of him, but in the domestic games that were televised last year, his action looked a bit dodgy.

I hope I'm wrong because he looks like he could be a gun.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What's the story with Crystal? Doesn't seem to have had a fair go internationally, is he too slow? Can't see why he couldn't get a go ahead of Mpofu or Ncube in the test side, especially since he can bat too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's the story with Crystal? Doesn't seem to have had a fair go internationally, is he too slow? Can't see why he couldn't get a go ahead of Mpofu or Ncube in the test side, especially since he can bat too.
He operates at about 120km/hr and swings it around corners. Sometimes he'll run in and bowl a "full pace" delivery below that speed. If he actually had international success it would seriously be the greatest thing ever because he'd be so unique in terms of modern bowlers, but yeah, pace is the main reason he's being overlooked.

Last edited:

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Mountaineers have been bowled out for 26 in the second innings to lose the Rocks who were bowled out in their second innings for 58. :wacko: