• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2012/13

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Querl and Meth playing for the same domestic side strikes me as a bit unfair at times. If any team was equipped to handle that new ball combo it was the Rhinos (top four of Sibanda/Taylor/Vermuelen/Waller) and they still ended up 67/5.
Would be more fair if Zimbabwe actually picked them...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Querl/Jarvis/Meth/Vitori could be a decent pace attack for Zimbabwe. Inconsistent, I suspect, but decent all the same.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm not convinced Vitori is up to international standard, even for Zimbabwe. He did well when he first broke through, but his line and length is all over the place. I would still be picking Mpofu over Vitori

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not convinced Vitori is up to international standard, even for Zimbabwe. He did well when he first broke through, but his line and length is all over the place. I would still be picking Mpofu over Vitori
Yeah, just looking at some footage and I see what you mean. Seems to bowl a lot of rubbish to go with the odd unplayable ball.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Good to see Moeen Ali playing in this. Shame his batting hasn't really developed over the last couple of years- could have done with some competition for Samit as a batting allrounder. Burgoyne has done pretty decently without ever shining - getting plenty of opportunities batting in the middle order.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Querl picked up good figures in the first innings of the Logan Cup for the Tuskers: 5/56. Apparently there is a question mark of this availability for the Zimbabwean national side. He's either trying to do a Gary Ballance or has shown very little interest in national selection opting to play minor county cricket in England and pushing for a fulltime county contract.

brockley

International Captain
Very low county professionals,they have the dreggs this season,have had much better pros in the past.
Querl will take a county contract over country.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Someone has finally managed to resist the Querl/Meth opening bowling partnership! It was starting to go from impressive to annoying. Hamilton Masakadza 160* though, WAG. Sean Williams with some runs in the same match; best match.

Chubb

International Regular
Know Querl has done well in Devon but it is pretty annoying, although understanable, he won't play for Zim. Total geek question but does anyone else think of Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks when they see that name? (Querl = Idiran rank)

It says so much, though, about Zimbabwe's sports culture that they still churn out good cricketers who can have pro careers. And still they have an exile XI that could compete with Bangladesh.

Looks like a great knock from Ham.

Chubb

International Regular
Looks a good knock from Tinotenda Mutumbodzi - 100 off 123 balls from number 8 - to set up a challenging chase for the Mountaineers. Mashonaland will be encouraged they got Masakadza and Hodgson early, though Pettini is still there.

Chubb

International Regular
Only one wicket so far for Keeglen in the latest round of matches, but 6-21 from Mpofu. Also a duck for Mickleburgh.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
nice 188* from Querl batting at 3 as nightwatchman.
That's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Kyle Jarvis still taking poles for fun too, by the looks of things.

@Cribb, Chubb and the guys who know more about Zimbabwean cricket than I do - if everyone was available, what would be your Zimbabwe Test XI?