• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gayle's bzack

uvelocity

International Coach

he's a pretty cool dude, and is really turning into a dominator of the t20 format. in his 9 games back his average has gone up by 9 & has hit 54 boundaries at 155

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very low temperature fella.

Slightly underrated in the longer format too, IMHO. Has two triple centuries in tests, which puts him in very exulted company. Footwork not from the MCC manual, obvz, but gets to the pitch of the ball & as clean a striker as one will ever see.

Any road: Gayle, Samuels, Chanders, Narine & Roach = Windies back? Discuss.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why? Granted he's played nearly no cricket all year but I hope he plays a part in the Windies future.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why? Granted he's played nearly no cricket all year but I hope he plays a part in the Windies future.
The general feeling among the fans is that he cbf anymore. Just dug up this from Roseboy, posted earlier this year:

From what I've pieced together he pretty much was happy with the Stanford money and didn't really feel like playing cricket again. Plus he lives on the western side of the island and had his rehab sessions in the east. The current head coach was his coach in high school and lives near him and it's he who Jerome is working with now. Seems there's some effort now from him to get back to the game.
The end of that post is vaguely promising I guess but I'd personally be pretty surprised if he played Test cricket ever again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Holding alluded to some attitude issues during the comm on their tour up here. Said he was rather too chuffed with the wedge he got from the IPL, built/bought himself a huge mansion and has been generally pissing the rest up the wall.

Also said he'd been dicked about by the board tho. IIRC the WICB said he has to play 6 months of domestic uninterrupted before he'd even be considered for the national side.

EDIT: IPL/Stanford; whatevs. Both evil.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The general feeling among the fans is that he cbf anymore. Just dug up this from Roseboy, posted earlier this year:

The end of that post is vaguely promising I guess but I'd personally be pretty surprised if he played Test cricket ever again.
He was a promising Test bowler. He was capable in all formats of incredibly good spells. In the Stanford 20/20 for $20million series, he looked incredibly good. He nudged 150kph in one of the games and generally, he looked quick enough that his slower ball pretty much always caused an issue, much like Akhtar in Pakistan against England in 2006.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, Holding seemed to be saying, IIRC, that Taylor had to play a full season of domestic cricket to be picked again. He couldn't do that in the 2010/11 season because of injury, so therefore wasn't available for WI selection for another year. I think he stopped trying after that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was a promising Test bowler. He was capable in all formats of incredibly good spells. In the Stanford 20/20 for $20million series, he looked incredibly good. He nudged 150kph in one of the games and generally, he looked quick enough that his slower ball pretty much always caused an issue, much like Akhtar in Pakistan against England in 2006.
I'm not sure if you were actually disagreeing with me or if you just quoted my post because I mentioned him, but my concerns aren't over the quality of his bowling. He could be Sydney Barnes and I'd still not back him to play again.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure if you were actually disagreeing with me or if you just quoted my post because I mentioned him, but my concerns aren't over the quality of his bowling. He could be Sydney Barnes and I'd still not back him to play again.
Just because you mentioned him.