• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tom Latham vs Hamish Rutherford

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Good point. Raval is one that comes to mind who's done it and hasn't really been in the international reckoning yet. He could still get there in the future, though.
Nice, and a ridiculous oversight on my part seeing I saw it. I tried to look up all the double centurions in FC but my internet skills are not great.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Nice, and a ridiculous oversight on my part seeing I saw it. I tried to look up all the double centurions in FC but my internet skills are not great.
You can look them up this way;
New Zealand Cricket - NZ Cricket Archive
- then click on 'records',
- then 'first class'
- then choose an association
- the click 'batting records'
- then click 'Most Runs in an Innings for xxxx '

for some reason can't copy & paste the url

Doing a quick check, a recent guy to get one is Josh Brodie (but like you say he will probably eventually get selected). M Parlane perhaps the most accomplished recent double centurion to not get higher honours.

While Broom and Woodcock have FC 200's yet haven't yet been selected for test cricket, but have been for LOs

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You can look them up this way;
New Zealand Cricket - NZ Cricket Archive
- then click on 'records',
- then 'first class'
- then choose an association
- the click 'batting records'
- then click 'Most Runs in an Innings for xxxx '

for some reason can't copy & paste the url

Doing a quick check, a recent guy to get one is Josh Brodie (but like you say he will probably eventually get selected). M Parlane perhaps the most accomplished recent double centurion to not get higher honours.

While Broom and Woodcock have FC 200's yet haven't yet been selected for test cricket, but have been for LOs
Thank you sir.

I think I used the enquiry originally in regards to Brodie. M Parlane scored one against a pretty damn good Auckland attack, and David Kelly is the other interesting one in 2001. Real flat track bully that fella.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus, Hamish is basically a left-handed version of his Dad, the resemblance is that strong I reckon.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bump - Hendrix is not to answer (as I know his vote) - Rutherford looks unlikely to make a name for himself in the test arena and will be doing well to be in the team 12 months from now. Will Latham fair better?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't say anything about an early period of Test success to get everyone excited; it'll be a while before they have another Sinclair. :p
Well Rutherford debuted with the 170 then shunted it ever since. Claiming I called it :p

GGG

State Captain
Thread reminds me a bit of a game I used to play, next three test debutants. I was looking good to get all my pigeons home first once until a scandalous James Marshall over Peter Fulton decision. :laugh:

Hamish Rutherford, 99 vs. India A - YouTube

That square drive/cut he plays off about a fifth stump, he scores so heavily with that it makes a FTB tag tempting. Sweetly-timed off drives are a regular feature as well tbf. Did a search for pull and hook shots played in any innings within the vault*, there's one.

* I've got a short walk-through video for this now btw. I'll PM it to anyone who fancies using the vault over the summer, or has had problems and thinks it would pinpoint their issue.

Tom Latham, 132 vs. India A - YouTube

Note Rutherford's wagon wheel has been inverted (as if a right-hander), Latham's hasn't.
Your Youtube account been terminated? NZC being a bit precious, noticed another one of your videos was taken down with the request of NZC.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think at this point a Rutherford vs Fulton thread would be more appropriate, since they're both on very thin ice. Latham should get the next two series at the least to show what he can do.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Your Youtube account been terminated? NZC being a bit precious, noticed another one of your videos was taken down with the request of NZC.
Yeah a major commercial partner of NZC's was very keen to see that channel's demise. Read the video description of that -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eiwzrhhV4

I'll sometimes add a new video to this unlisted (won't be found by google etc.) playlist -
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpg5jXhEvr8kwEAHYgFri0Cn8_ywozy7M

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely Sky wouldn't begrudge the social media-obsessed youngsters of today from enjoying or learning from their U19 footage. Martin Crowe wouldn't have got a green light to do all those 1st XV rugby broadcasts on Saturday afternoons if Sky didn't care deeply about the kids.