• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket from Other Countries

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
What aspects of cricket from other countries do you enjoy?

For example I like Australia's never give up attitude whenever they have played cricket, or India's supremely talented batting line-up and New Zealand's brilliant fielding.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
India: Tendulkar, Laxman and Dravid. Has been a joy to watch them bat. Quite enjoyed watching Harbhajan bowl.

Sri Lanka: Love their ability to create big batting partnerships. Sanga and Jayawardene especially.

WI: I was fortunate to see them a lot in the 80s as a kid. Pace firepower, tough skilful batsmen, gun fielder. **** they were good. They are a bit dull now though.

Eng: Have enjoyed flogging them for most of my cricket memory. Loved watching their ****ty all rounders trying the be the "new Botham", and being incompetent at batting and bowling. 2005 Ashes was a cracker, even though we lost. What a series between a declining dominant Aust team and and English team beginning to know how to win.

NZ: They just have a crack. Their population is smaller than both New South Wales and Vic. But they still compete hard.

Pakistan: When Imran, Wasim and Waqar were hooping balls around at 150ks an hour. Awesome.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What aspects of cricket from other countries do you enjoy?

For example I like Australia's never give up attitude whenever they have played cricket, or India's supremely talented batting line-up and New Zealand's brilliant fielding.
All three are cliches that don't apply now though. New Zealand are still a good fielding team but not brilliant. Same goes for India's batting. Wouldn't call it supreme given the recent retirements as well as their recent overseas performances.

One thing I love about SL is the innovations they've made famous in the game through unorthodox players. Be it the dil-scoop (I know it's not exclusively his) or the three 'M's, they've added a new flavor to cricket.

smash84

The Tiger King
Although I do always admire the Aussies' never say die spirit. No matter how weak their team or what the situation the ****s NEVER stop fighting.

Also like watching the Indian batting take apart some bowling line ups (except ours :p)

Himannv

International Coach
Australia - Have to admire the attitude the Aussies bring to the game. The game isn't over for them until the last ball is bowled. I think that's a very professional way of going about things and its great to watch. That sort of thing always makes the sport a bit more competitive. Also their test pace attack is incredible.

India - Obviously their batting is quite a treat, particularly in limited over games. Virat Kohli in particular can be really devastating. The guy was unstoppable when he chased down that big score against us in Australia (last year?).

England - I really like how they've developed over the last few years or so. They are probably one of the most balanced teams these days and it's rarely just one person who steps up for them. At the moment, I think England is more about team work than any other team.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Ireland: Ability to play as more than the sum of their parts.

Sri Lanka: Lasith Malinga

India: Virat Kohli. I'm sorry, I said it.

Daemon

australian cricketers have no such never say die spirit. they're just good enough at cricket to be able to win games from a losing point.

as cliched as NZ being honest triers and all that jazz

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I have this affinity for South Africa as a country, so it manifests itself through cricket as well.

Everything about New Zealand :wub:

Ireland, Bangladesh and Afghanistan - love seeing the 'minnows' (and I use the term loosely because I hate it) getting in there and enjoying themselves at the top level.

Even warming to England over time.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
There have been great players from each country but i like things like

1) Aus : Bouncy nature of the pitch. Picture perfect grounds . Lush green field. Extraordinary cricket coverage.(pioneers in a way). Rowdy/ Brash crowd in a good sense.
2) Eng : Swing conditions . Gentlemanly nature of the crowd.
3) SA : Bounce and Swing in the pitch. Grassy banks having good looking & less clothed babes.
4) India Pak : Spinning pitches and bunsen burners (pitch and conditions) . Passionate crowd.
5) WI and SL : Music add color to a match .
6) NZ : Conditions same as Eng . Getting up early in the morning(from my part of the world) to watch was itself a thrill.

These are part of cricket as well is it not ?

Last edited:

Daemon

There have been great players from each country but i like things like

1) Aus : Bouncy nature of the pitch. Picture perfect grounds . Lush green field. Extraordinary cricket coverage.(pioneers in a way). Rowdy/ Brash crowd in a good sense.
2) Eng : Swing conditions . Gentlemanly nature of the crowd.
3) SA : Bounce and Swing in the pitch. Grassy banks having good looking & less clothed babes.
4) India Pak : Spinning pitches and bunsen burners (pitch and conditions) . Passionate crowd.
5) WI and SL : Music add color to a match .
6) NZ : Conditions same as Eng . Getting up early in the morning(from my part of the world) to watch was itself a thrill.

These are part of cricket as well is it not ?
Good list. Love watching tests in NZ and England for those very reasons.