Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Cricket from Other Countries

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Cricket from Other Countries

What aspects of cricket from other countries do you enjoy?

For example I like Australia's never give up attitude whenever they have played cricket, or India's supremely talented batting line-up and New Zealand's brilliant fielding.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    India: Tendulkar, Laxman and Dravid. Has been a joy to watch them bat. Quite enjoyed watching Harbhajan bowl.

Sri Lanka: Love their ability to create big batting partnerships. Sanga and Jayawardene especially.

WI: I was fortunate to see them a lot in the 80s as a kid. Pace firepower, tough skilful batsmen, gun fielder. **** they were good. They are a bit dull now though.

Eng: Have enjoyed flogging them for most of my cricket memory. Loved watching their ****ty all rounders trying the be the "new Botham", and being incompetent at batting and bowling. 2005 Ashes was a cracker, even though we lost. What a series between a declining dominant Aust team and and English team beginning to know how to win.

NZ: They just have a crack. Their population is smaller than both New South Wales and Vic. But they still compete hard.

Pakistan: When Imran, Wasim and Waqar were hooping balls around at 150ks an hour. Awesome.
    Last edited by Red Hill; 23-09-2012 at 06:35 PM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    What aspects of cricket from other countries do you enjoy?

For example I like Australia's never give up attitude whenever they have played cricket, or India's supremely talented batting line-up and New Zealand's brilliant fielding.
    All three are cliches that don't apply now though. New Zealand are still a good fielding team but not brilliant. Same goes for India's batting. Wouldn't call it supreme given the recent retirements as well as their recent overseas performances.

One thing I love about SL is the innovations they've made famous in the game through unorthodox players. Be it the dil-scoop (I know it's not exclusively his) or the three 'M's, they've added a new flavor to cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Although I do always admire the Aussies' never say die spirit. No matter how weak their team or what the situation the ****s NEVER stop fighting.

Also like watching the Indian batting take apart some bowling line ups (except ours )
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Australia - Have to admire the attitude the Aussies bring to the game. The game isn't over for them until the last ball is bowled. I think that's a very professional way of going about things and its great to watch. That sort of thing always makes the sport a bit more competitive. Also their test pace attack is incredible.

India - Obviously their batting is quite a treat, particularly in limited over games. Virat Kohli in particular can be really devastating. The guy was unstoppable when he chased down that big score against us in Australia (last year?).

England - I really like how they've developed over the last few years or so. They are probably one of the most balanced teams these days and it's rarely just one person who steps up for them. At the moment, I think England is more about team work than any other team.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Tournaments Won: 1
    Ireland: Ability to play as more than the sum of their parts.

Sri Lanka: Lasith Malinga

India: Virat Kohli. I'm sorry, I said it.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    australian cricketers have no such never say die spirit. they're just good enough at cricket to be able to win games from a losing point.

as cliched as NZ being honest triers and all that jazz

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Ireland: Ability to play as more than the sum of their parts.

You mean punching above their weight

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I admire Pakistan's betting culture. Real risk takers.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    I have this affinity for South Africa as a country, so it manifests itself through cricket as well.

Everything about New Zealand

Ireland, Bangladesh and Afghanistan - love seeing the 'minnows' (and I use the term loosely because I hate it) getting in there and enjoying themselves at the top level.

Even warming to England over time.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

U19 Debutant
    There have been great players from each country but i like things like

1) Aus : Bouncy nature of the pitch. Picture perfect grounds . Lush green field. Extraordinary cricket coverage.(pioneers in a way). Rowdy/ Brash crowd in a good sense.
    2) Eng : Swing conditions . Gentlemanly nature of the crowd.
    3) SA : Bounce and Swing in the pitch. Grassy banks having good looking & less clothed babes.
    4) India Pak : Spinning pitches and bunsen burners (pitch and conditions) . Passionate crowd.
    5) WI and SL : Music add color to a match .
    6) NZ : Conditions same as Eng . Getting up early in the morning(from my part of the world) to watch was itself a thrill.

These are part of cricket as well is it not ?
    Last edited by doesitmatter; 24-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    There have been great players from each country but i like things like

1) Aus : Bouncy nature of the pitch. Picture perfect grounds . Lush green field. Extraordinary cricket coverage.(pioneers in a way). Rowdy/ Brash crowd in a good sense.
    2) Eng : Swing conditions . Gentlemanly nature of the crowd.
    3) SA : Bounce and Swing in the pitch. Grassy banks having good looking & less clothed babes.
    4) India Pak : Spinning pitches and bunsen burners (pitch and conditions) . Passionate crowd.
    5) WI and SL : Music add color to a match .
    6) NZ : Conditions same as Eng . Getting up early in the morning(from my part of the world) to watch was itself a thrill.

These are part of cricket as well is it not ?
    Good list. Love watching tests in NZ and England for those very reasons.

Thread Information