Cricket Player Manager
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Domestic Season 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    What an answer. I can watch cricket only illegally where I live ffs
    Yeah, it's not my rule, so I'm sorry, but yeah.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Unfortnately don't know if there are any streams chaps.

Can update the game situation. Lions 240/7 after 49 overs

Huge cracks in the pitch so on ocassion there is awkward uneven bounce but inbetween good for shot making.

De Kock looked class but tried to play another inside out shot over extra but was caught brilliantly by Robbie P.

Steyn cranked it up, hit Zander De Bruyn on the wrist and then on the Neck under the helmet in two balls. Got a bit heated as him and Symes had a few words.

Lions are missing Chris Morris because they didn't want to take too many risks with tail starting at 8 instead of 9.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 15-12-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Seam, Do you know anything about this guy?

Ayabulela Gqamane | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Looks like he's done well stepping up to franchise level.
    He looked quite steady. A skiddy seamer who bowled between 134-137kmph. Davy Jacobs the Warriors Captain says he is more of a batting all-rounder though and I haven't seen enough of his batting.

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Hey SeamUp, does Supersport stream live domestic S.A cricket? Found a way to watch Live Streaming on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    Hey SeamUp, does Supersport stream live domestic S.A cricket? Found a way to watch Live Streaming on their site.
    They usually do but maybe because its the reserve day they aren't because this is what's on now - SuperSport

School Boy/Girl Captain longtom's Avatar
    Lions got 241/7 after 50. Pitch is a tat challenging.

Cobras 69/2 after 11 with Tahir getting both wickets (Levi and Puttick)

Match delayed due to rain. Not good. They are already replaying because there was no result due to rain yesterday as well ...
    Last edited by longtom; 15-12-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    regards

longtom

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    He looked quite steady. A skiddy seamer who bowled between 134-137kmph. Davy Jacobs the Warriors Captain says he is more of a batting all-rounder though and I haven't seen enough of his batting.
    He's pretty highly rated, although whether that's because he is really good or because he is being bigged-up as the next Ntini I don't know. Don't think he's a batting ar though, bowling ar afaik.

He's going to struggle to get into this warriors line up on a consistent basis though what with guys like Walters, Birch, Parnell etc already doing well and Ntini still being around.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    He's pretty highly rated, although whether that's because he is really good or because he is being bigged-up as the next Ntini I don't know. Don't think he's a batting ar though, bowling ar afaik.

He's going to struggle to get into this warriors line up on a consistent basis though what with guys like Walters, Birch, Parnell etc already doing well and Ntini still being around.
    i have yet to take notice of him. I went and checked matches that he has played in, mostly bats low down the order. His bowling looks harmless based on the stats i've
    seen. The guy im interested in is subrayen from the Dolphins. If he can do aswell as what he has been doing at youth level, he will play international cricket. The was a guy called Mosehle. Jennings said he was good, what happened to him?

jan
    Both playing days rained off so 2012 Momentum One Day Cup has two winners. Nice gesture or neccessity schedule-wise?
    I would definitely enjoy MODC more if Cobras simply won it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, grainy streams watcher

School Boy/Girl Captain longtom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I would definitely enjoy MODC more if Cobras simply won it
    Indeed .... a real pitty. Having said that, if Friday wouldn't have rained out I doubt they would have won it .... so in the end it was probably fair enough.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasimione View Post
    i have yet to take notice of him. I went and checked matches that he has played in, mostly bats low down the order. His bowling looks harmless based on the stats i've
    seen. The guy im interested in is subrayen from the Dolphins. If he can do aswell as what he has been doing at youth level, he will play international cricket. The was a guy called Mosehle. Jennings said he was good, what happened to him?
    Yeah, as I said, I haven't really seen him much. I can only go off what I've heard. All I know is that I really rate Birch and Walters, and guys like Parnell and Ntini aren't going any time soon. So he's going to be battling to find a way in, or else he'll be getting in undeservedly imo.

Gqamane in what I saw definitely looked like he could bata bit and I doubt Davy Jacobs would bring the statement up if he didn't mean it.

Parnell out for two weeks. Theron still injured. Ntini is over the hill and doesn't pay 4-day cricket.Gqamane should get his 4-day debut for the Warriors this week.

CSA announces England U-19 tour of SA
    Posted by: Cricket South Africa on Wednesday, 12 December 2012

THE South Africa under-19 squad will start their preparation for the 2014 edition of the ICC U-19 World Cup by hosting their England counterparts for both a Test and an ODI series early next year.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) on Wednesday announced that the tour that will run from 23 January to 21 February 2013. The tour will consist of a two-match Test series and a five-match One-Day International (ODI) series.

‘’The South African under-19 team acquitted themselves well at the recently concluded ICC under-19 World Cup in Australia,” commented CSA Youth Cricket Manager Niels Momberg.

“Although many of those players have moved on, stalwarts such as Lizaad Williams, Murray Coetzee and Solomzi Nqweni will be available to create an experienced environment as we start to build toward the under-19 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in 2014.

“This tour against England provides the ideal opportunity to kick-start the new cycle in the very important Talent Acceleration Program within the National Pipeline process. I am really looking forward to seeing who our next stars will be,” he said.

The last time the two under-19 sides met was during the ICC U-19 World Cup in Australia, where South Africa beat England by an emphatic 103 runs to book a place in the semi-finals of the tournament.

The scenic Western Cape will play host for this exciting tour. Matches will take place in Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl.

Jacques Faul, CSA Acting CEO, commented: “The two countries have a long-standing rivalry at full international level and this rivalry has now filtered down to the juniors.

“We have been very excited at the manner in which Quinton de Kock (at the bizhub Highveld Lions) and Prenelan Subrayen (at the Sunfoil Dolphins) have already made the challenging step from under-19 to senior franchise level and several others are making their mark in the CSA provincial competitions.

“Our under-19 cricket looks in a very healthy condition and I am sure the new under-19 class will grab the opportunity they have been given to live their dreams and take their games to the next level.

“England are renowned for the quality of their cricket and I am sure they will once again live up to that reputation.”

Fixture list

23 JAN - 24 JAN
    South Africa Under-19s Invitation XI v England Under-19s
    PP Smit Stadium, Bellville, Cape Town

27 JAN - 30 JAN
    1st Youth Test - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Newlands, Cape Town

FEB 3 - FEB 6
    2nd Youth Test - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Boland Park, Paarl

Warm-up One-Day game

FEB 13
    1st Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Boland Park, Paarl

FEB 15
    2nd Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    PP Smit Stadium, Bellville, Cape Town

FEB 16
    3rd Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Boland Park, Paarl

FEB 19
    4th Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Stellenbosch University Ground

FEB 21
    5th Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
    Newlands, Cape Town

Quote Originally Posted by Rasimione View Post
    Mosehle is in the T20 'A' team to play NZL.

Played as a batsman in the One-Day Cup and performed for the first time at franchise level.

The weakened Titans are being pummeled at Newlands against the Cobras. 192 all out with David Wiese and Roleof Van der Merwe getting 50's. Kemp & Louw in the wickets. Cobras 132/0 at Stumps. Gray & Puttick going past 50.

Interesting days play in Bloem. Dolphins recovered 221 all out. 19 year old 4-day Dolphins debutant Calvin Savage top scoring with 55. Knights are 54/2 at Stumps. Rossouw failing. Dean Elgar rocketed along to 27 not out off 25 balls.

Lions are 275/7 at Stumps vs the Warriors at the Wanderers. Newly appointed Lions captain Stephen Cook got 95 and Thami Tsolekile is trying to prove people wrong with 64*, Neil Mac chipped in as well with 50. Warriors 4-day debutant, Aya Gqamane, has 3 wickets & Birch has 3 as well.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information