Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Domestic Season 2012/13

Banned
    Paul Adams is **** and I don't know what the feck is he doing coaching a franchise. Oh wait the previous guys released Tsolikele because he was crap........

Banned
    How about this lol

CSA Provincial Three-Day Competition, South Western Districts v Western Province at Oudtshoorn, Oct 18-20, 2012

Western Province 141 & 15/9 (14.2 ov)

South Western Districts 229

What the f%$? Is that the Cobra's B team lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
    How about this lol

CSA Provincial Three-Day Competition, South Western Districts v Western Province at Oudtshoorn, Oct 18-20, 2012

Western Province 141 & 15/9 (14.2 ov)

South Western Districts 229

What the f%$? Is that the Cobra's B team lol
    Marcello Piedt was 7/5 in this innings.

... on First Class debut.

Not bad.
    ~ Cribbage

Piedt with figures of 9-5-5-7 on debut, not bad

Banned
    ^Same time the Cobra's are playing the Dolphins which means WP must be the Cobra's left overs

Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    Piedt with figures of 9-5-5-7 on debut, not bad
    Umm..

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Umm..
    what? it's his first class debut, he has bowled 9 overs, 5 maidens, taken 7/5, purely stating facts

i realise it's only the provincial three-day competition and wpr are severely undermanned, but what's there to 'umm' about? as i said, only facts

Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    what? it's his first class debut, he has bowled 9 overs, 5 maidens, taken 7/5, purely stating facts

i realise it's only the provincial three-day competition and wpr are severely undermanned, but what's there to 'umm' about? as i said, only facts
    I was 'umming' at the fact that I made pretty much the exact same post right before you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I was 'umming' at the fact that I made pretty much the exact same post right before you did.
    ah, did not see that haha.

****, we even both wrote 'not bad' hahahah

Paul Adams is **** and I don't know what the feck is he doing coaching a franchise. Oh wait the previous guys released Tsolikele because he was crap........
    Iinitially had some reservations about 'Gogs' but they are playing a top quality brand of cricket at the Cobras and top of the log in the 4-day series.

With reference to the WP batting. Obviously there is the Cobras top 6 playing in Pietermaritzburg right now without Graeme Smith, Jacques Kallis and Jean-Paul Duminy.

The best batsmen in the WP batting line-up is Rory's cousin, Matthew, number 4 Qaasim Adams who is pushing for a spot in the Cobras top 6. The other batsman to watch is Michael Pote but not sure why he didn't travel to Oudsthoorn.

Also SWD cricket is on the up. Not really a cricket area but are now part of the Chevrolet Warriors catchment area. They are spending some big money on their academy and a player like this Marcello Piedt has come through from it and they've also purchased a few experienced players from other Provincial unions.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 19-10-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Banned
    SWD is also part of the Cobra franchise which I take they don't use much off.

Cobra's played the same brand of cricket before Gogga took over. I hope he stays away from the bowling as a blindman can bowl accurate than he could ever bowl. They just appointed him to make sure the Cobra's do not defy the government again in dropping a 32 year old has been.

SWD is also part of the Cobra franchise which I take they don't use much off.

Cobra's played the same brand of cricket before Gogga took over. I hope he stays away from the bowling as a blindman can bowl accurate than he could ever bowl. They just appointed him to make sure the Cobra's do not defy the government again in dropping a 32 year old has been.
    SWD is just part of the Warriors franchise. ( Border, SWD & EP). They need it more than us because Border cricket has gone to the dogs. The Cobras franchise just feeds off WP & Boland.

Paul Adams got a lot of stick and I gave it to him when they carried on too long with him as a player but you can't deny that he put stats on the board as a test cricket spinner that many SA spinners will be happy about. I've also listened to a lot of his interviews and his vision for Cobras cricket is really good and maybe sometimes coaches all around the world are too much straigh up-and-down. You feel Paul Adams won't over-coach and do the same things and he will let players express themselves. He was that sort of cricketer who the famous Eddie Barlow spotted bowling the frog in the blender stuff.

EDIT: He also has all the relevant coaching badges but more importantly has done work with the WP academy in the last few years and knows the youth coming through the system as well.

Eventhough the Cobras have been successful for some time. We got pipped by the Titans last year in the 4-day stuff and he is maintaining our levels from the last few seasons..if not uping it to make sure the Titans don't pip us again.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 19-10-2012 at 07:33 AM.

They've also got to take into account when will new young coaches be bled into the system. Our system has had some good experienced coaches its produced. Over the last few years Mickey Arthur has come through from the Warriors to the Proteas, to Australia. More recently we've lost Richard Pybus to Bangladesh, Graham Ford to Sri Lanka and Dave Nosworthy who has been linked stongly with the New Zealand job on a few ocassions. I like Nosworthy and hope he gets a job soon.

New young coaches like Paul Adams, Lance Klusener, Geoffrey Toyana, Piet Botha and Sarel Cilliers are in the system now with a foreigner in Matt Maynard. Its a good mix.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    SWD is just part of the Warriors franchise. ( Border, SWD & EP). They need it more than us because Border cricket has gone to the dogs. The Cobras franchise just feeds off WP & Boland.

Paul Adams got a lot of stick and I gave it to him when they carried on too long with him as a player but you can't deny that he put stats on the board as a test cricket spinner that many SA spinners will be happy about. I've also listened to a lot of his interviews and his vision for Cobras cricket is really good and maybe sometimes coaches all around the world are too much straigh up-and-down. You feel Paul Adams won't over-coach and do the same things and he will let players express themselves. He was that sort of cricketer who the famous Eddie Barlow spotted bowling the frog in the blender stuff.

EDIT: He also has all the relevant coaching badges but more importantly has done work with the WP academy in the last few years and knows the youth coming through the system as well.

Eventhough the Cobras have been successful for some time. We got pipped by the Titans last year in the 4-day stuff and he is maintaining our levels from the last few seasons..if not uping it to make sure the Titans don't pip us again.
    I know in Rugby they made SWD part of the Kings franchise but dunno if its so in crciket as SWD is situated in the Western Cape. If Border gone to **** or not that is Ali Bachers problem not mine.

As for Paul Adams he was the same guy who Bob Woolmer said bowled 1 good ball and 5 four balls and never ever got his accuracy right. Paul couldn't get in his head that spin is nothing and will never bother a batsman without flight especially at that pace. Let me remind you of this guy who acted like two years he was coaching a national team until it was discovered he was just making silly remarks in the media and that the seniors of the team was really coaching them...

U19 Cricketer
    I know in Rugby they made SWD part of the Kings franchise but dunno if its so in crciket as SWD is situated in the Western Cape. If Border gone to **** or not that is Ali Bachers problem not mine.

As for Paul Adams he was the same guy who Bob Woolmer said bowled 1 good ball and 5 four balls and never ever got his accuracy right. Paul couldn't get in his head that spin is nothing and will never bother a batsman without flight especially at that pace. Let me remind you of this guy who acted like two years he was coaching a national team until it was discovered he was just making silly remarks in the media and that the seniors of the team was really coaching them...
    FFS, give Adams a chance before you compare him to Snor.

Oh yes, they are both coloured, that must mean they will both be rubbish coaches

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information