• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Domestic Season 2012/13

SeamUp

International Coach
Australia A in uk in june,could be a conflict,no word on Aussie A touring S Africa.
I asked Vincent Barnes on twitter. He is SA selector and head coach for SA 'A'

His reply

Hi,yes,India A and Aus A are coming here in July and August,playing in Dbn

Maybe reading into it, India are here first for FC and 1-dayers and Aus come here second after England and only play 1-dayers ? Not enough time to play FC ?

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
He has to be in contention, Brad. No great pace but very Philanderesque and he got bags of wickets in the FC and List A seasons. Top 5 for both ?
Awesome. I've rated him for a fair while; always thought he'd get ignored. Besides, he isn't that slow is he? Whenever I've seen him he's appeared to be a mid-to-high 130s sort of bowler. Certainly gives that sort of impression.

SeamUp

International Coach
Awesome. I've rated him for a fair while; always thought he'd get ignored. Besides, he isn't that slow is he? Whenever I've seen him he's appeared to be a mid-to-high 130s sort of bowler. Certainly gives that sort of impression.
There is a big chance he will.

Whenever I've seen him he is low 130s but I think pace is over-rated anyway. What they do with the ball counts more to me.

Thanx seam up.:)
No probs Brockley. Hopefully your trip to Ireland will be better than ours last year. Hardly go any cricket in.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Btw, Gaz, I'd say Amla is more valuable to SA than AB, but in 'the faceoff' you definitely one the debate.

stumpski

International Captain
T20 semi-final on Sky Sports 1 this evening. Chevrolet Warriors 116-6 with an over to go against Nashua Titans. Seems like a rather thin crowd, but then I've often wondered how many people support these made-up teams.

Some good bowling from Morkel and Thomas atm.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morkel came back well. First two overs went for 25.

Alfonso Thomas at the death is always entertaining

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
T20 semi-final on Sky Sports 1 this evening. Chevrolet Warriors 116-6 with an over to go against Nashua Titans. Seems like a rather thin crowd, but then I've often wondered how many people support these made-up teams.

to be fair i think its relatively cold there tonight. game is excitinf now, hopefully AB can pull it through.

SeamUp

International Coach

Crowd that bad ? I suppose it is East London in any case. One of our out grounds. It was probably a political decision to take it to EL, if it was at PE it would be a sell-out.

These teams are well supported as they are bascially just names for our smaller unions joining with the bigger unions in any case.